microsoft.public.dotnet.framework.aspnet group

TOPIC: Cache.EffectivePrivateBytesLimit shrinks as box gets bigger?
http://groups.google.com/group/microsoft.public.dotnet.framework.aspnet/browse_thread/thread/7e1494c1fd942939?hl=en

== 1 of 1 ==
Date: Mon, May 12 2008 7:31 am
From: Mark

Hi Steven...

Thank you for asking, but that's exactly the problem I'm asking about.
*IT'S NOT WORKING THAT WAY!*

Our smaller x86 with 2gb of ram is showing a EffectivePrivateBytesLimit of
1.2gb (60% ram) while our newer x86 boxes with 3+gb are showing it capped at
800mb.

Thanks
Mark

"Steven Cheng [MSFT]" wrote:

> [...]
> ications.
>
> --------------------
> >From: stcheng@online.microsoft.com (Steven Cheng [MSFT])
> >Date: Tue, 06 May 2008 08:53:24 GMT
> >Subject: RE: Cache.EffectivePrivateBytesLimit shrinks as box gets bigger?
>

> >Thanks for your reply Mark,
> >
> >I'll do some further research on this and update you as soon as possible.
> >
> >Sincerely,
> >
> >Steven Cheng
> >
> >Microsoft MSDN Online Support Lead
> >

> >Delighting our customers is our #1 priority. We welcome your comments and
> >suggestions about how we can improve the support we provide to you. Please
> >feel free to let my manager know what you think of the level of service
> >provided. You can send feedback directly to my manager at:
> >msdnmg@microsoft.com.

> >ications.
> >
> >==================================================
> >This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no rights.
> >
> >--------------------
> >>From: =?Utf-8?B?TWFyaw==?= <mmodrall@nospam.nospam>
> >>Subject: RE: Cache.EffectivePrivateBytesLimit shrinks as box gets bigger?
> >>Date: Fri, 2 May 2008 06:57:03 -0700
> >

> >>Hi Steven...
> >>
> >>Both of the links mentioned in this thread did lay out some rules used to
> >>calculate the memory limit when none of the parameters are explicitly
> set.
> >
> >>My question comes from the fact that these rules don't seem to be
> followed
> >on
> >>the machines where I noticed this.
> >>
> >>The bigger boxes are only for running the web server and at the time all
> >>have 95% of their physical ram unused.
> >>
> >>Since the rules mention that the calculation thresholds are based on the
> >>page file size, I have tried playing with that on the bigger boxes but it
> >>didn't seem to help.  The rules in the articles said that the calculation
> >was
> >>MIN(60% phys ram, 800MB) when the page file was <= 2gb
> >>MIN(60% phys ram, 1800MB) when the page file was > 2gb.
> >>
> >>The smaller box has the page file set a hair under 3gb.  The bigger boxes
> >>had it at > 4gb.  To see if there was an overflow condition, I lowered
> the
> >>big boxes to about 3gb page file but the EffectivePrivateBytesLimit
> didn't
> >>change.
> >>
> >>The only other variables I can think of is that the older box is running
> >>2003 Web Edition and is old enough to have all that "hyperthreading"
> >garbage.
> >> I think it only has one real cpu but it's counting the fpu etc when task
> >>manager says it has several cpus.
> >>
> >>The newer boxes are running 2003 R2 standard edition and have dual dual
> or
> >>quad dual cores.  Maybe the EffectivePrivateBytesLimit also has a
> limiting
> >>factor based on number of actual cpus?  Or maybe R2 does things

TOPIC: Page doesn't refresh after redirect.
http://groups.google.com/group/microsoft.public.dotnet.framework.aspnet/browse_thread/thread/08d587489c487b52?hl=en

== 1 of 8 ==
Date: Mon, May 12 2008 7:37 am
From: seanmatthewwalsh@hotmail.com

Hi

I have a page (default.aspx) that pulls it's HTML from a database.

I then have a "content management" page (editpage.aspx) that allows
the user to edit the HTML in the database.

When the user clicks the save button on editpage.aspx, the page
updates the database and then redirects to the default.aspx page.

However, on landing on the default.aspx page, the changes haven't been
applied. Somewhere it has been cached. If I hit refresh or F5, then I
get the updates.

How do I get it to force a refresh / delete the cache?

Thanks
Sean

== 2 of 8 ==
Date: Mon, May 12 2008 7:48 am
From: "Eliyahu Goldin"

When you redirect to the default page, add to the page url a random query
parameter. This should trick the browser into loading the page from the
server.

--
Eliyahu Goldin,
Software Developer

<seanmatthewwalsh@hotmail.com> wrote in message
> Hi
>
> I have a page (default.aspx) that pulls it's HTML from a database.
>
> I then have a "content management" page (editpage.aspx) that allows
> the user to edit the HTML in the database.
>
> When the user clicks the save button on editpage.aspx, the page
> updates the database and then redirects to the default.aspx page.
>
> However, on landing on the default.aspx page, the changes haven't been
> applied. Somewhere it has been cached. If I hit refresh or F5, then I
> get the updates.
>
> How do I get it to force a refresh / delete the cache?
>
> Thanks
> Sean

== 3 of 8 ==
Date: Mon, May 12 2008 8:09 am
From: seanmatthewwalsh@gmail.com

Hi

I tried that, and it didn't work. I used a yyyymmddhhmmss parameter,
and it still kept the original.

Thanks tho. Any other ideas?

Rgds
Sean

On May 12, 4:48 pm, "Eliyahu Goldin"
<REMOVEALLCAPITALSeEgGoldD...@mMvVpPsS.org> wrote:
> When you redirect to the default page, add to the page url a random query
> parameter. This should trick the browser into loading the page from the
> server.
>
> --
> Eliyahu Goldin,
> Software Developer
> Microsoft MVP [ASP.NET]http://msmvps.com/blogs/egoldinhttp://usableasp.net
>
> <seanmatthewwa...@hotmail.com> wrote in message

> > Hi
>
> > I have a page (default.aspx) that pulls it's HTML from a database.
>
> > I then have a "content management" page (editpage.aspx) that allows
> > the user to edit the HTML in the database.
>
> > When the user clicks the save button on editpage.aspx, the page
> > updates the database and then redirects to the default.aspx page.
>
> > However, on landing on the default.aspx page, the changes haven't been
> > applied. Somewhere it has been cached. If I hit refresh or F5, then I
> > get the updates.
>
> > How do I get it to force a refresh / delete the cache?
>
> > Thanks
> > Sean- Hide quoted text -

== 4 of 8 ==
Date: Mon, May 12 2008 8:21 am
From: Stan

On 12 May, 15:37, seanmatthewwa...@hotmail.com wrote:
> Hi
>
> I have a page (default.aspx) that pulls it's HTML from a database.
>
> I then have a "content management" page (editpage.aspx) that allows
> the user to edit the HTML in the database.
>
> When the user clicks the save button on editpage.aspx, the page
> updates the database and then redirects to the default.aspx page.
>
> However, on landing on the default.aspx page, the changes haven't been
> applied. Somewhere it has been cached. If I hit refresh or F5, then I
> get the updates.
>
> How do I get it to force a refresh / delete the cache?
>
> Thanks
> Sean

You dont say how the redirection is occuring but to avoid client
caching use Server.Transfer(default.aspx) rather than
Response.Redirect(default.aspx) that way they get the new default.aspx
page directly from the server.

== 5 of 8 ==
Date: Mon, May 12 2008 8:21 am
From: "Eliyahu Goldin"

Try to debug it to make sure the datasource gets reloaded from the database.

--

<seanmatthewwalsh@gmail.com> wrote in message
Hi

I tried that, and it didn't work. I used a yyyymmddhhmmss parameter,
and it still kept the original.

Thanks tho. Any other ideas?

Rgds
Sean

On May 12, 4:48 pm, "Eliyahu Goldin"
<REMOVEALLCAPITALSeEgGoldD...@mMvVpPsS.org> wrote:
> When you redirect to the default page, add to the page url a random query
> parameter. This should trick the browser into loading the page from the
> server.
>
> --
> Eliyahu Goldin,
> Software Developer
> Microsoft MVP [ASP.NET]http://msmvps.com/blogs/egoldinhttp://usableasp.net
>
> <seanmatthewwa...@hotmail.com> wrote in message

> > Hi
>
> > I have a page (default.aspx) that pulls it's HTML from a database.
>
> > I then have a "content management" page (editpage.aspx) that allows
> > the user to edit the HTML in the database.
>
> > When the user clicks the save button on editpage.aspx, the page
> > updates the database and then redirects to the default.aspx page.
>
> > However, on landing on the default.aspx page, the changes haven't been
> > applied. Somewhere it has been cached. If I hit refresh or F5, then I
> > get the updates.
>
> > How do I get it to force a refresh / delete the cache?
>
> > Thanks
> > Sean- Hide quoted text -

== 6 of 8 ==
Date: Mon, May 12 2008 8:31 am
From: seanmatthewwalsh@gmail.com

Thanks Stan, but also didn't work when I tried usign the
server.transfer.

I'm finding odd results. I have a line "This is line 1" in the
database. I edit page, and change to "This is line12". The redirect/
transfer takes me back to the page, and "This is line 1" is still
showing.

I click edit again. I change to "This is line 123" and press save. The
redirect/transfer takes me to the page which now shows "This is line
12". In the database, the HTML is stored as "This is line 123"
though.

Must be some caching issue.

I put a breakpoint on the default.aspx file, at the point where the
HTML is pulled from the DB and put in the file. I edit the page, and
change to "This is line 1234", and on the transfer, the breakpoint
stops execution. I check the Immediate window to see what the HTML
from the recordset is, and it's "This is line 1234". I click the
continue button, and the page shows properly as "This is line 1234".
i.e. the debugging process seems to delete/override the cache.

I even tried Response.Expires = -1 and
HttpResponse.RemoveOutputCacheItem("/Default.aspx") to no avail.

Thanks
Sean

On May 12, 5:21 pm, Stan <goo...@philphall.me.uk> wrote:
> On 12 May, 15:37, seanmatthewwa...@hotmail.com wrote:
>

> > Hi
>
> > I have a page (default.aspx) that pulls it's HTML from a database.
>
> > I then have a "content management" page (editpage.aspx) that allows
> > the user to edit the HTML in the database.
>
> > When the user clicks the save button on editpage.aspx, the page
> > updates the database and then redirects to the default.aspx page.
>
> > However, on landing on the default.aspx page, the changes haven't been
> > applied. Somewhere it has been cached. If I hit refresh or F5, then I
> > get the updates.
>
> > How do I get it to force a refresh / delete the cache?
>
> > Thanks
> > Sean
>
> You dont say how the redirection is occuring but to avoid client
> caching use Server.Transfer(default.aspx) rather than
> Response.Redirect(default.aspx) that way they get the new default.aspx
> page directly from the server.- Hide quoted text -

== 7 of 8 ==
Date: Mon, May 12 2008 9:04 am
From: seanmatthewwalsh@gmail.com

Ok, the latest on this:

I added a breakpoint to the default.aspx page AFTER the page retrieves
the HTML from the database.

I then edited the page through EditPage.aspx and clicked save.

Now, the execution stops only AFTER the database has been accessed,
and it appears the retrieved data from the database is the OLD
version, i.e. it hasn't been updated. But if I open the database and
check, or if I refresh the Default.aspx page, then the HTML in the DB
is clearly the new version.

It appears the access database hasn't written the changed data before
the web server has already requested the page, so the page gets the
old data before it has been overwritten. i.e. it's too quick for
itself, or so it seems.

Is this possible? What's the fix?

Thanks

On May 12, 5:31 pm, seanmatthewwa...@gmail.com wrote:
> Thanks Stan, but also didn't work when I tried usign the
> server.transfer.
>
> I'm finding odd results. I have a line "This is line 1" in the
> database. I edit page, and change to "This is line12". The redirect/
> transfer takes me back to the page, and "This is line 1" is still
> showing.
>
> I click edit again. I change to "This is line 123" and press save. The
> redirect/transfer takes me to the page which now shows "This is line
> 12". In the database, the HTML is stored as "This is line 123"
> though.
>
> Must be some caching issue.
>
> I put a breakpoint on the default.aspx file, at the point where the
> HTML is pulled from the DB and put in the file. I edit the page, and
> change to "This is line 1234", and on the transfer, the breakpoint
> stops execution. I check the Immediate window to see what the HTML
> from the recordset is, and it's "This is line 1234". I click the
> continue button, and the page shows properly as "This is line 1234".
> i.e. the debugging process seems to delete/override the cache.
>
> I even tried Response.Expires = -1 and
> HttpResponse.RemoveOutputCacheItem("/Default.aspx") to no avail.
>
> Thanks
> Sean
>
> On May 12, 5:21 pm, Stan <goo...@philphall.me.uk> wrote:
>

> > On 12 May, 15:37, seanmatthewwa...@hotmail.com wrote:
>
> > > Hi
>
> > > I have a page (default.aspx) that pulls it's HTML from a database.
>
> > > I then have a "content management" page (editpage.aspx) that allows
> > > the user to edit the HTML in the database.
>
> > > When the user clicks the save button on editpage.aspx, the page
> > > updates the database and then redirects to the default.aspx page.
>
> > > However, on landing on the default.aspx page, the changes haven't been
> > > applied. Somewhere it has been cached. If I hit refresh or F5, then I
> > > get the updates.
>
> > > How do I get it to force a refresh / delete the cache?
>
> > > Thanks
> > > Sean
>
> > You dont say how the redirection is occuring but to avoid client
> > caching use Server.Transfer(default.aspx) rather than
> > Response.Redirect(default.aspx) that way they get the new default.aspx
> > page directly from the server.- Hide quoted text -

== 8 of 8 ==
Date: Mon, May 12 2008 9:09 am
From: seanmatthewwalsh@gmail.com

Yay!!

I put the following line before my Response.Redirect:
System.Threading.Thread.Sleep(1000);

That delays execution for a second, and gives the database time to
catch up!

Sorted.

Thanks for your efforts

TOPIC: Regular Expression for datetime
http://groups.google.com/group/microsoft.public.dotnet.framework.aspnet/browse_thread/thread/6417326499b077f2?hl=en

== 1 of 1 ==
Date: Mon, May 12 2008 7:33 am
From: Luigi

"CreativeMind" wrote:

> 1.     (0[1-9]|[12][0-9]|3[01])[- /.](0[1-9]|1[012])[- /.](19|20)[0-9]
> {2}
> try it again

This one works:

(0[1-9]|[12][0-9]|3[01])[- /.](0[1-9]|1[012])[- /.](19|20)[0-9]{2}

but accepts also 31/02/2008, that is not correct.

TOPIC: Code Snippet Respository
http://groups.google.com/group/microsoft.public.dotnet.framework.aspnet/browse_thread/thread/9b71b4c73286e717?hl=en

== 1 of 1 ==
Date: Mon, May 12 2008 7:40 am
From: StreamLogic

All,

I have posted this question in various groups, so I apologize for any
overlap.

I'd like to hear how other developers/architects keep track of old
scripts, code snippets, relevant URLs, etc.  I think most developers
have an area where they keep reusable code they would like to use
again.  Year after year, we all develop things that can be reused in
various projects.

Do you simply have a file system folder where you dump all of this
information and then search on it?  Do you have a custom database
solution for this?

I'd like to hear how others are keeping track of many years worth of
code snippets and scripts that they would like to reuse at some point.

Thanks,
Curtis

TOPIC: dropDownList control not accessible inside dataGrid
http://groups.google.com/group/microsoft.public.dotnet.framework.aspnet/browse_thread/thread/07dafd2cfbce7d44?hl=en

== 1 of 3 ==
Date: Mon, May 12 2008 7:49 am
From: steven

i've got a dropDownList that I'm trying to populate from my code
behind as follows:

uxVehicleColourEdit.DataSource = oDsLookups.Tables["COLOR"];

if the dropDown is placed inside a datagrid, i get compile time errors
stating the control doesn't exist in the current content:

       <asp:DataGrid ID="tmp" runat="server">
       <Columns>
       <asp:TemplateColumn>
       <EditItemTemplate>
       <asp:DropDownList ID="uxVehicleColourEdit" runat="server"></
asp:DropDownList>
       </EditItemTemplate>
       </asp:TemplateColumn>
       </Columns>
       </asp:DataGrid>

if i move uxVehicleColourEdit outside the datagrid, i get no compile
errors.

any ideas what's going on?

tks

== 2 of 3 ==
Date: Mon, May 12 2008 7:59 am
From: "Eliyahu Goldin"

When you populate the grid, it will likely have more than one record. Each
record will include it's own ddl. That's why you can't access a single ddl
by id.

You need to handle ItemDataBound event for the grid. In the event use
e.Item.FindControl("uxVehicleColourEdit") to get a reference to the ddl.

--

"steven" <s_mumby@hotmail.com> wrote in message
> i've got a dropDownList that I'm trying to populate from my code
> behind as follows:
>
> uxVehicleColourEdit.DataSource = oDsLookups.Tables["COLOR"];
>
> if the dropDown is placed inside a datagrid, i get compile time errors
> stating the control doesn't exist in the current content:
>
> <asp:DataGrid ID="tmp" runat="server">
> <Columns>
> <asp:TemplateColumn>
> <EditItemTemplate>
> <asp:DropDownList ID="uxVehicleColourEdit" runat="server"></
> asp:DropDownList>
> </EditItemTemplate>
> </asp:TemplateColumn>
> </Columns>
> </asp:DataGrid>
>
> if i move uxVehicleColourEdit outside the datagrid, i get no compile
> errors.
>
> any ideas what's going on?
>
> tks

== 3 of 3 ==
Date: Mon, May 12 2008 8:46 am
From: Stan

On 12 May, 15:59, "Eliyahu Goldin"
<REMOVEALLCAPITALSeEgGoldD...@mMvVpPsS.org> wrote:
> When you populate the grid, it will likely have more than one record. Each
> record will include it's own ddl. That's why you can't access a single ddl
> by id.
>
> You need to handle ItemDataBound event for the grid. In the event use
> e.Item.FindControl("uxVehicleColourEdit") to get a reference to the ddl.
>
> --
> Eliyahu Goldin,
> Software Developer
> Microsoft MVP [ASP.NET]http://msmvps.com/blogs/egoldinhttp://usableasp.net
>
> "steven" <s_mu...@hotmail.com> wrote in message

> > i've got a dropDownList that I'm trying to populate from my code
> > behind as follows:
>
> > uxVehicleColourEdit.DataSource = oDsLookups.Tables["COLOR"];
>
> > if the dropDown is placed inside a datagrid, i get compile time errors
> > stating the control doesn't exist in the current content:
>
> > <asp:DataGrid ID="tmp" runat="server">
> > <Columns>
> > <asp:TemplateColumn>
> > <EditItemTemplate>
> > <asp:DropDownList ID="uxVehicleColourEdit" runat="server"></
> > asp:DropDownList>
> > </EditItemTemplate>
> > </asp:TemplateColumn>
> > </Columns>
> > </asp:DataGrid>
>
> > if i move uxVehicleColourEdit outside the datagrid, i get no compile
> > errors.
>
> > any ideas what's going on?
>
> > tks- Hide quoted text -

Not quite Eliyahu. The dropdownlist is in the EditItem template (as it
should be) so will only occur in the row that is placed in edit mode
when an edit command is issued. The event to use for the assignment is
EditCommand.

BTW steven is there any reason you are using DataGrid rather than
GridView? Or are you constrained to use ASP.NET v 1?

ASP.NET v 2 would make the task easier because you could bind the ddl
to an appropriate DataSource object using the DatasourceID property.
By placing the both the ddl and the datasource control inside the
EditItemtemplate it would load itself without any code.

TOPIC: Designer files rewrite custom control when markup changed.
http://groups.google.com/group/microsoft.public.dotnet.framework.aspnet/browse_thread/thread/46d6d00a6f82e87d?hl=en

== 1 of 1 ==
Date: Mon, May 12 2008 7:52 am
From: Joe

asp.net 2.0

I recently converted a website project to a WAP.  I the process I have
moved our composite controls into their own subfolder.  I have removed
the Register directives from the individual pages to the web.config.

The problem is every time I check out a page from SS and change the
markup the partial page file is rewritten.  All my custom user
controls are changed to type UserControl.

the file starts like this:
private MyCustomControl customControl1;

Changes to this:
private UserControl customControl1;

This causes compile errors because of custom properties and events.
The aspx file does not have any errors.  It recognizes the user
controls.  The custom tags show up in the intellisense.

How can I get it to stop rewritting the partial class with the wrong
types?

TOPIC: Strategy for Rendering Multiple Document Types From Single Source
http://groups.google.com/group/microsoft.public.dotnet.framework.aspnet/browse_thread/thread/62c1d29c99acefd4?hl=en

== 1 of 1 ==
Date: Mon, May 12 2008 7:57 am
From: "Jordan S."

I would appreciate your thoughts and opinions on the following:

I am looking to render documents [that are constructed at runtime] into
multiple document formats. At a minimum the documents will need to be
rendered as HTML, and separately as PDF. Ideally we could also offer a
subset additionally as xls and docx (Excel and/or Word 2007) files.

All files will be distributed via ASP.NET Web site. This is a "greenfield"
project using .NET 3.5, and I can do whatever I want.

It appears to me that there are two general strategies I could take.

1. Render all documents initially as HTML, then to the other document types.

2. Render all documents initially into whatever the final document type will
be (i.e., do not render first as HTML, but just render the pdf file
directly, for example).

Keeping in mind that these files are all built at runtime from information
and templates stored in a database... These templates are basically HTML
snippets styled with css.

My initial preference is for alternative #1 above, as I could have one
single code base that builds these documents at runtime. That single code
base cranks out the HTML version, which is one of the required formats. From
the HTML, it would be a relatively trivial matter to convert the document to
PDF or whatever (there are 3rd party components that could do this
automatically and quickly - perhaps called via some custom HTTP module that
I write).

Thoughts? Opinions?

Thanks!

TOPIC: Distribute asp.net 2003 application on a cd rom
http://groups.google.com/group/microsoft.public.dotnet.framework.aspnet/browse_thread/thread/f59b1c23f5bc625d?hl=en

== 1 of 2 ==
Date: Mon, May 12 2008 8:05 am
From: "Juan T. Llibre"

re:
!> 1) Can I run a web server from the CD that supports asp.net code and dlls?

Yes.

You can use ( although a bit pricey ) DWebPro or Stunnix to do that :

http://www.dwebpro.com/

http://www.stunnix.com/prod/aws/run-asp.net-from-cdrom-or-usb.shtml

With both of these you'll need to pre-compile your app.
That's because you don't want to jit-compile dlls to an ASP.NET temp dir.

re:
!> is it possible to install the asp.net application on the user's computer
!> and ship with it a personal web server that would support my application?

Also, yes.

The client will need to have the .Net Framework 2.0
installed on the system which will run the website.

WebDev.WebServer.exe (the ASP.NET Development Web Server executable) is located in :
Drive:\WINDOWS\Microsoft.NET\Framework\v2.0.50727

Copy that file to the client and run a batch file to start the webserver.

Here's an example batch file which shows you how to start the
ASP.NET Development Web Server from the command-line:

start /b webdev.webserver /port:1544 /path:"c:\AppDir"

The directory where WebDev.WebServer.exe is copied to must be in the computer's path,
or you must include the full path to the executable in the batch file.

You can use any port you want and any application path you want.
You must have previously copied your application's files to the "AppDir" directory, of course.

Juan T. Llibre, asp.net MVP
asp.net faq : http://asp.net.do/faq/
======================================
<sms1973@earthlink.net> wrote in message news:fb0c9ca8-1bc2-4750-84a2-7931701f65c0@p39g2000prm.googlegroups.com...
> Hello,
> I have built an application web site using ASP.NET 2003 and MSSQL
> database server.
> I now need to distribute the entire application to customers on a CD
> to run the web application completely from their local personal
> computers. In other words, they will not need to access the Internet
> to run the application.
> I know I can use the redistributable MSSQL EMMSDE for the database
> part, but my problem is that I want users to run the site from the CD rom.
> questions:
> 1) Can I run a web server from the CD that supports asp.net code and
> dlls?
> 2) If not, is it possible to install the asp.net application on the
> user's computer and ship with it a personal web server that would
> support my application?
>
> I know I can probably convert the .net webforms into windows forms,
> but that will take awhile as I heavily used web functionality for my
> application.
>
> Thanks in advance for your help.
> Seever

== 2 of 2 ==
Date: Mon, May 12 2008 8:06 am
From: "Peter Bromberg [C# MVP]"

Have a look at Bart DeSmet's article here:

http://www.microsoft.com/belux/msdn/nl/community/columns/desmet/hostaspnet1.mspx

--Peter
<sms1973@earthlink.net> wrote in message
> Hello,
> I have built an application web site using ASP.NET 2003 and MSSQL
> database server.
> I now need to distribute the entire application to customers on a CD
> to run the web application completely from their local personal
> computers. In other words, they will not need to access the Internet
> to run the application.
> I know I can use the redistributable MSSQL EMMSDE for the database
> part, but my problem is that I want users to run the site from the CD
> rom.
> questions:
> 1) Can I run a web server from the CD that supports asp.net code and
> dlls?
> 2) If not, is it possible to install the asp.net application on the
> user's computer and ship with it a personal web server that would
> support my application?
>
> I know I can probably convert the .net webforms into windows forms,
> but that will take awhile as I heavily used web functionality for my
> application.
>
> Thanks in advance for your help.
> Seever

TOPIC: SMTP Authentication problem
http://groups.google.com/group/microsoft.public.dotnet.framework.aspnet/browse_thread/thread/5674bb6d47f01f7b?hl=en

== 1 of 1 ==
Date: Mon, May 12 2008 8:26 am
From: eruth

Hi all,

I'm trying to send an e-mail from a vb.net web form.  I can create the
message, but when it comes to actually sending it I get the following
error. "Mailbox name not allowed. The server response was: Server
policy dictates you must authenticate first "

So far as I can tell, my code is doing what it's meant to, but I'd
appreciate someone casting an eye over it to make sure. This is based
on a couple of examples found through google.
<code>
 Dim Message As MailMessage = New MailMessage()
       Dim Smtp As New SmtpClient()
       Dim SmtpUser As New System.Net.NetworkCredential()
       '-- Build Message
       Message.From = New MailAddress("me@mydomain.co.uk", "Me")
       Message.To.Add(New MailAddress("you@mydomain.co.uk", "you"))
       Message.IsBodyHtml = False
       Message.Subject = "test"
       Message.Body = "This is a test"
       '-- Define Authenticated User
       SmtpUser.UserName = "user"
       SmtpUser.Password = "password"
       SmtpUser.Domain = "mydomain.co.uk"
       '-- Send Message
       Smtp.UseDefaultCredentials = False
       Smtp.Credentials = SmtpUser
       Smtp.Host = "mydomain.co.uk"
       Smtp.Port = 25
       Smtp.DeliveryMethod = SmtpDeliveryMethod.Network
       Smtp.Send(Message)
</code>

TOPIC: Block access to zip files using access rules
http://groups.google.com/group/microsoft.public.dotnet.framework.aspnet/browse_thread/thread/fe1b24273f54bfd5?hl=en

== 1 of 1 ==
Date: Mon, May 12 2008 8:33 am
From: bruce barker

by default (for performance reasons) non asp.net file are not mapped to
asp.net for processing. thus asp.net security has no effect. in iis you need
to map  the zip files to be processed by asp.net

-- bruce (sqlwork.com)

"Torben Laursen" wrote:

> I have a website where the user can download zip files after logging in.
> In the site I use access rules to control who can control what.
>
> However to my big surprise the user cannot access aspx files in a folder
> without logging in but he can access zip files without any problems!
> The config file for the folder is this:
> <?xml version="1.0" encoding="utf-8"?>
> <configuration>
>     <system.web>
>         <authorization>
>             <allow roles="members" />
>             <deny users="?" />
>             <deny users="*" />
>         </authorization>
>     </system.web>
> </configuration>
>
> Does anyone know how I block the access of zip files in a folder so only
> people who are logged in can access them?
>
> Thanks Torben

TOPIC: Upload xml file- HttpWebRequest
http://groups.google.com/group/microsoft.public.dotnet.framework.aspnet/browse_thread/thread/c16a1d59591a3934?hl=en

== 1 of 1 ==
Date: Mon, May 12 2008 8:45 am
From: bruce barker

yes. its a standard browser fileupload. check the w3c specs to understand the
format:

  http://www.w3.org/Protocols/

or you can use webclient which has support for this (fileupload). just be
sure to set the content-type.

-- bruce (sqlwork.com)

"Rob" wrote:

> I'm trying to translate the following code in vb.net code to be used in a
> web service. Really I can't understand well it. I would like to use
> httpWebRequest but I don't know.... Do I have to use headers? How can I
> translate the "requestbody" string?
>
> The code sends an xml file and a command.
>

> fso = new ActiveXObject("Scripting.FileSystemObject");
>  xmlFile = fso.OpenTextFile(AJobFile, 1);
>  xmlText = xmlFile.ReadAll();
>
>  var boundStr = 'h8w95k20d9';
>  var boundary = '--' + boundStr;
>
>  var requestbody = [boundary,
>      '',
>                     xmlText,
>
>                    boundary,
>                     '',
>                     '0',
>                     boundary
>                    ].join('\r\n');
>
>  xmlhttp = new ActiveXObject("Microsoft.XMLHTTP");
>  url='http://'+WODAddress+'/JTI';
>
>  xmlhttp.open("POST",url,false);
>  xmlhttp.setRequestHeader('Content-type', 'multipart/form-data; boundary="'
> + boundStr + '"');
>  xmlhttp.send(requestbody );

TOPIC: Omega Seamaster Diver 300M Midsize Watch 2253.80
http://groups.google.com/group/microsoft.public.dotnet.framework.aspnet/browse_thread/thread/90048e02c760c815?hl=en

== 1 of 1 ==
Date: Mon, May 12 2008 9:00 am
From: blog385@watchesblog.cn

Omega Seamaster Diver 300M Midsize Watch 2253.80

Omega Seamaster Diver 300M Midsize Watch 2253.80 Link :
http://omega.hotwatch.org/Omega-2253.80.html

Omega Seamaster Diver 300M Midsize Watch 2253.80 Information :

Brand :           Omega Watches ( http://omega.hotwatch.org/ )
Gender :          Unisex
Code :           Omega-2253.80
Item Variations :           2253.80, 2253.80.00, 2253-80, 2253-80-00,
2253/80, 225380, 2253
Movement :        Automatic
Bezel :           Unidirectional Rotating
Case Material :    Stainless Steel
Case Diameter :   36.25 mm
Dial Color :           Blue
Crystal :         Scratch Resistant Sapphire
Clasp :           7" Stainless Steel
Water Resistant : 300 Meters (1000 Feet)

OUT OF STOCKOmega Seamaster Diver 300M Midsize Watch 2253.80 Premium
grade stainless steel. Certified chronometer movement. Brushed and
polished steel bracelet. Polished unidirectional rotating bezel. Blue
wave dial with luminous hands and hour markers. Automatic date
calendar. Scratch resistant sapphire crystal. Omega Seamaster Diver
300M Midsize Watch 2253.80 Brand OmegaSeries Omega SeamasterGender
UnisexCase Material Stainless SteelCase Thickness 11.7 mmCase Diameter
36.25 mmDial Color BlueBezel Unidirectional RotatingMovement
AutomaticClasp Push Button DeploymentBracelet 7" Stainless SteelWater
Resistant 300 Meters (1000 Feet)Crystal Scratch Resistant
SapphireWarranty Warranty service for this watch will be offered
through HotWatch.Org and not the manufacturer. Omega watches have a 2
year HotWatch.Org warranty. Please click here for additional watch
warranty information.Item Variations 2253.80, 2253.80.00, 2253-80,
2253-80-00, 2253/80, 225380, 2253Additional Information Date Display
At 3 O'Clock, Luminescent Hands and MarkersOmega watches have been a
standard for quality and excellence for over 150 years, when the
company began as Switzerland's first watch manufacturer. When elegance
and strength come together to form an extraordinary timepiece, the
result can only be an Omega wristwatch. Omega watches are proud to be
endorsed by many of the world's leading athletes and celebrities, the
most prominent being James Bond 007. The Omega Seamaster watch made
its first silver screen debut in1995 in the James Bond 007 movie
Goldeneye. The Omega Constellation, Omega Aqua Terra, Omega
Speedmaster, Omega double eagle, Omega Broad Arrow, and Omega Co-Axial
series are on sale at Haob2b at competitive prices.Omega Seamaster
Diver 300M Midsize Watch 2253.80 is brand new, join thousands of
satisfied customers and buy your Omega Seamaster Diver 300M Midsize
Watch 2253.80 with total satisfaction . A HotWatch.Org 30 Day Money
Back Guarantee is included with every Omega Seamaster Diver 300M
Midsize Watch 2253.80 for secure, risk-free online shopping.
HotWatch.Org does not charge sales tax for the Omega Seamaster Diver
300M Midsize Watch 2253.80, unless shipped within New York State.
HotWatch.Org is rated 5 stars on the Yahoo! network.

The Same Omega Watches Series :

Omega Seamaster Titanium 300M Chronograph Mens Watch 2569.50 :
http://omega.hotwatch.org/Omega-2569.50.html

Omega Seamaster Diver 300M Midsize Watch 2262.50 :
http://omega.hotwatch.org/Omega-2262.50.html

Omega Seamaster Chronograph Mens Watch 2293.52 :
http://omega.hotwatch.org/Omega-2293-52.html

Omega Seamaster Steel with 18kt White Gold Midsize Watch 2236.50 :
http://omega.hotwatch.org/Omega-2236.50.html

Omega Seamaster Titanium Diver 300M Chronograph Mens Watch 2294.52 :
http://omega.hotwatch.org/Omega-2294.52.html

Omega Seamaster 300M GMT Mens Watch 2535.80 :
http://omega.hotwatch.org/Omega-2535-80.html

Omega Seamaster Automatic Diver 300M Chronograph Mens Watch 2594.52 :
http://omega.hotwatch.org/Omega-2594.52.html

Omega Seamaster 300M Chronograph Stainless Steel Mens Watch 2569.52 :
http://omega.hotwatch.org/omega-2569-52.html

Omega Seamaster Diver 300M Mens Watch 2531.80 :
http://omega.hotwatch.org/Omega-2531.80.html

Omega Seamaster Diver 300M Midsize Watch 2561.80 :
http://omega.hotwatch.org/Omega-2561.80.html

TOPIC: Cartier Tank Solo 18kt Yellow Gold and Steel Ladies Watch W1018755
http://groups.google.com/group/microsoft.public.dotnet.framework.aspnet/browse_thread/thread/4c9021cd11a8f696?hl=en

== 1 of 1 ==
Date: Mon, May 12 2008 9:00 am
From: blog385@watchesblog.cn

Cartier Tank Solo 18kt Yellow Gold and Steel Ladies Watch W1018755

Cartier Tank Solo 18kt Yellow Gold and Steel Ladies Watch W1018755
Link :
http://cartier.hotwatch.org/Cartier-W1018755.html

Cartier Tank Solo 18kt Yellow Gold and Steel Ladies Watch W1018755
Information :

Brand :           Cartier Watches ( http://cartier.hotwatch.org/ )
Gender :          Ladies
Code :           Cartier-W1018755
Item Variations :           W1018755, Cartier-W1018755
Movement :        Quartz
Bezel :           Fixed
Case Material :    18kt Yellow Gold And Stainless Steel
Case Diameter :   30mm x 23mm
Dial Color :           Silver
Crystal :         Scratch Resistant Sapphire
Clasp :           Black Leather
Water Resistant : 30m/100ft

18kt yellow gold case with steel case back. Black alligator strap.
Roman numeral silvered opaline dial. Circular crown set with a
sapphire cabochon. Sword-shaped blued steel hands. Quartz movement.
Scratch resistant sapphire crystal. Deployment buckle. Case size 30mm
x 23mm. Water resistant at 30 meters (100 feet). Cartier Tank Solo
18kt Yellow Gold and Steel Ladies Watch W1018755

The Same Cartier Watches Series :

Cartier Tank Solo Steel Mens Watch W1018355 :
http://cartier.hotwatch.org/Cartier-W1018355.html

Cartier Tank Solo Steel Midsize Watch W1018255 :
http://cartier.hotwatch.org/Cartier-W1018255.html

Cartier Tank Louis 18kt White Gold Mens Watch W1540956 :
http://cartier.hotwatch.org/Cartier-W1540956.html

Cartier Tank Louis 18kt Yellow Gold Ladies Watch W1529856 :
http://cartier.hotwatch.org/Cartier-W1529856.html

Cartier Tank Louis 18kt Yellow Gold Mens Watch W1529756 :
http://cartier.hotwatch.org/Cartier-W1529756.html

Cartier Roadster Mens Watch W62001V3 :
http://cartier.hotwatch.org/Cartier-W62001V3.html

Cartier Roadster 18kt Yellow Gold Diamond Ladies Watch WE5001X1 :
http://cartier.hotwatch.org/Cartier-WE5001X1.html

Cartier Roadster Two-Tone 18kt Yellow Gold and Steel Ladies Watch
W62026Y4 :
http://cartier.hotwatch.org/Cartier-W62026Y4.html

Cartier Roadster Two-Tone 18kt Yellow Gold and Steel Mens Watch
W62031Y4 :
http://cartier.hotwatch.org/Cartier-W62031Y4.html

Cartier Roadster GMT Mens Watch W62032X6 :
http://cartier.hotwatch.org/Cartier-W62032X6.html

TOPIC: Can't use some javascript from a .js file...
http://groups.google.com/group/microsoft.public.dotnet.framework.aspnet/browse_thread/thread/cd9f04c39d0fb5a9?hl=en

== 1 of 1 ==
Date: Mon, May 12 2008 9:08 am
From: "Teemu Keiski"

Can you show the code you register the call with?

--
Teemu Keiski
AspInsider, ASP.NET MVP

TOPIC: Ajax Question
http://groups.google.com/group/microsoft.public.dotnet.framework.aspnet/browse_thread/thread/093e23f47fb85a27?hl=en

== 1 of 1 ==
Date: Mon, May 12 2008 9:14 am
From: "Teemu Keiski"

Hi,

you can use for example PageRequestManager's isInAsyncPostBack property

--

"Microsoft Newsserver" <me@nowhere.com> wrote in message
> Hi,
>
> I have a table inside and ajax update panel.  I have a mouseup event which
> is triggered from the cells in the table. However, then I do an ajax call
> which updates the table, sometimes if I click in the cell, the parent
> elemtn is missing. I guess this is simply the time at which the browser is
> still updating itself after the refresh or its happeing during the table
> update.
>
> Is there an event which I can use to upate a variable on my page to
> prevent the actions on these click while the update is in progress.
>
> Thanks.

No comments: