64 new messages in 31 topics - abridged

Active Topics
-------------

Disable validater controle by code - 2 new
Check the *.aspx.designer.vb file to see if it got declared in there. Visual
Studio should have updated that file when you added the Validator, but I've
seen times when it doesn't. If it isn't there, try switching between Design
and Source view, this sometimes adds it. If this still doesn't add it, add -
Thurs, Apr 17 2008 7:21 am
2 messages , 2 authors
http://groups.google.com/group/microsoft.public.dotnet.framework.aspnet/t/3f6e3e08537c5ee0?hl=en

asp.net uses the wrong compiler - 1 new
---------------------------------------
I am confused. Do you want to use 2.0 or 3.5? You keep saying you are "
targeting .NET 2.0", but you also say "How can i make the iis compile the site
using the .NET 3.5 compiler?". The first thing I would do is make sure that VS
2008 is using the version you want while you write your code. I am assuming
the runtime for that version is also installed on your IIS. I am - Thurs, Apr
17 2008 7:39 am
1 message, 1 author
http://groups.google.com/group/microsoft.public.dotnet.framework.aspnet/t/a3a91a1c57637e18?hl=en

Database Design: Is this Even Practical? - 2 new
Perhaps I'll just run with what I've come up with myself. There's a certain
type of discussion that I would've found quite helpful. But it wouldn't be a
discussion about disk space, processing power, etc. Thanks. - Thurs, Apr 17
2008 7:43 am
2 messages , 2 authors
http://groups.google.com/group/microsoft.public.dotnet.framework.aspnet/t/eab229e02c0a40a6?hl=en

How to use ASP.NET validators - 2 new
-------------------------------------
Hello All I am learning how to use ASP.NET Validators and would appreciate if
someone could provide me with guidance. I have written very simple ASPX page
below with a Dropdown list, a button. If a value of 3 is selected inside
dropdown list , I add two text boxes each attached with validators. Although
validators work and do show th error messages in Red if the range - Thurs, Apr
17 2008 8:07 am
2 messages , 2 authors
http://groups.google.com/group/microsoft.public.dotnet.framework.aspnet/t/c85817660eb295d5?hl=en

Web Site takes forever to run in debug mode - 6 new
"Eliyahu Goldin" <REMOVEALLCAPITALSeEgGoldD...@ mMvVpPsS.org> wrote in message
news:%23DIkLNJoIHA.2160@TK2MSFTNGP06.phx.gbl... ...Where exactly is this
folder? - Thurs, Apr 17 2008 8:09 am
6 messages , 3 authors
http://groups.google.com/group/microsoft.public.dotnet.framework.aspnet/t/2e6c28a877b77b86?hl=en

Master Page. Why does this happens? - 2 new
Hello, I created a Master Page in ASP.NET 3.5 and VS 2008. Why is a
ContentPlaceHolder inserted on the document head? <head runat="server"> <title>
</title> <asp:ContentPlaceHolder ID="ContentPlaceHolder1" runat="server"></
asp:ContentPlaceHolder> </head> Can't I access the head by doing in the pages
that use the master - Thurs, Apr 17 2008 8:13 am
2 messages , 2 authors
http://groups.google.com/group/microsoft.public.dotnet.framework.aspnet/t/f675c2fbaca28577?hl=en

Div Woes - 1 new
----------------
I am about to get into the same situation with a project we have. I will have
to see what happens when I overlay in this manner. - Thurs, Apr 17 2008 8:13
am
1 message, 1 author
http://groups.google.com/group/microsoft.public.dotnet.framework.aspnet/t/c840cf6433043f95?hl=en

Noob question - binding data to list box (system.data.datarowview?) - 5 new
I'm trying to bind data in a dataset (obtained from an Access DB) to a listbox
in ASP.net. I know my dataset is being created properly because it displays
fine in a datagrid, but I can't get it to display in a listbox. Here's what
I'm trying: dgrDataGrid.DataSource = dstData.Tables("Manufacturer") - Thurs,
Apr 17 2008 8:51 am
5 messages , 3 authors
http://groups.google.com/group/microsoft.public.dotnet.framework.aspnet/t/6e972382cff46f38?hl=en

Looking for some ideas on a brand new application system - 3 new
...I think I may have worded that wrong. I came from VB6 programming and have
dabbled in VB.NET for some small intranet web-based projects, including an XML
handler. It's not that I connect the two (VB6 and VB.NET), but I use VB.NET
instead of C# because of my familiarity with the VB language. I'd love to get
into it more, but I'm learning on - Thurs, Apr 17 2008 8:52 am
3 messages , 2 authors
http://groups.google.com/group/microsoft.public.dotnet.framework.aspnet/t/3b2c189041a7e920?hl=en

Set Focus after Postback (vb.net newbie) - 1 new
On Apr 17, 8:57 am, "Eliyahu Goldin" ...The hidden text box always says "
undefined". I am doing something wrong. <%@ Page Language="VB" AutoEventWireup=
"false" CodeFile="Default.aspx.vb" Inherits="_Default" %> <%@ Register
Assembly="System.Web.Extension s, Version=1.0.61025.0, Culture=neutral,
PublicKeyToken=31bf3856ad364e3 5" - Thurs, Apr 17 2008 9:25 am
1 message, 1 author
http://groups.google.com/group/microsoft.public.dotnet.framework.aspnet/t/3408f856b35dc0c0?hl=en

Expose Property - 3 new
-----------------------
Hello, Is it possible to create a property in a master page which is
accessible from its nested master pages? I created a property in my Master
Page but I am not able to access it its Nested Master Page. I am using ASP.NET
3.5. Thanks, Miguel - Thurs, Apr 17 2008 9:45 am
3 messages , 3 authors
http://groups.google.com/group/microsoft.public.dotnet.framework.aspnet/t/e8408c7715cc74c8?hl=en

Cannot dynamically assign a BackColor to a datalist - 1 new
Thanks for your response. There is no code behind in these scripts/ programs I
am using. Inside the Datalist form block, I have: <asp:DataList id="dlstCats"
runat="server" RepeatColumns="4" width="350px" ItemStyle-BackColor="#ccffcc"
cellspacing="3"> <HeaderStyle BackColor="#008000"> </HeaderStyle> - Thurs, Apr
17 2008 10:06 am
1 message, 1 author
http://groups.google.com/group/microsoft.public.dotnet.framework.aspnet/t/d48b6e1c272f25b9?hl=en

Difficulty publishing ASP.NET site - 1 new
George, Thanks so much for your response. I was so completely baffled by where
the error was coming from that I couldn't imagine what terms to google for.
After a quick read of the two links you gave, I had hoped that I might have
the answer since they both deal with exactly the error I"m getting, but
apparently not. - Thurs, Apr 17 2008 10:29 am
1 message, 1 author
http://groups.google.com/group/microsoft.public.dotnet.framework.aspnet/t/cf9c00a831e3ddc8?hl=en

Difference between ASP.NET Website and ASP.NET Application Project - 4 new
What, from a high level point of view, is the difference (in Visual Studio
2005) between Website (accessed with Open Website or Create Website from the
StartPage) that is an ASP.NET Website, and a Project that is created with the
"ASP.NET Application" template? I see some obvious differences: the Project
creates the working folder - Thurs, Apr 17 2008 10:41 am
4 messages , 2 authors
http://groups.google.com/group/microsoft.public.dotnet.framework.aspnet/t/cd9e178274fbeb25?hl=en

Having trouble injecting Javascript in AJAX enabled page with
RegisterClientScriptBlock - 2 new
---------------------------------
Greetings, I've been at this problem for some time now and have decided to
seek out some help. Essentially, this is what I have. A basic ASP.NET 2.0 page.
On this page is the standard <form> tag. Under that, we have an UpdatePanel
object where the rest of my partial rendering controls live. There is - Thurs,
Apr 17 2008 11:09 am
2 messages , 1 author
http://groups.google.com/group/microsoft.public.dotnet.framework.aspnet/t/918289c24774775f?hl=en

nike shoes paypal www.cnbbiz.com AF1,air jordan,air max,shox,bape,bbc,LRG - 1
new
---
[link] drop shiping paypal sell jordan,AF1,dunk,prada.adidas, We are
manufacturer/wholesaler branded sport shoes,clothings,watch,hat, with 3A
quality with reasonable price.we are NO1 supplier in putian fujian china, we
have own factory and accept paypal. please kindly visite our website: [link] -
Thurs, Apr 17 2008 11:53 am
1 message, 1 author
http://groups.google.com/group/microsoft.public.dotnet.framework.aspnet/t/37f341fd28b0d8ec?hl=en

Project manager / CVS in ASP.Net like Sourceforge.net - 1 new
Hi everybody, I'm looking for a CMS platform to be integrated in an existent
asp.net web site. This cms platform has to be something like platforms as
Microsoft Codeplex, or Sourceforge.net; but I'd like to have an independent
platform, without the use of these services. And, this cms should have
features like project management, project info - Thurs, Apr 17 2008 2:07 pm
1 message, 1 author
http://groups.google.com/group/microsoft.public.dotnet.framework.aspnet/t/03f3b3c5b599d85d?hl=en

Asp.NET, Ajax, Usercontrols, Event bubbling - 1 new
Hello folks, I'm in trouble with an application using methodologies in subject.
The idea is to have a single-page application. The host aspx page coordinates
all visualizations, loading and populating different usercontrols on a status
basis. To listen for changes I'm bubbling up events from the usercontrols. -
Thurs, Apr 17 2008 2:24 pm
1 message, 1 author
http://groups.google.com/group/microsoft.public.dotnet.framework.aspnet/t/0097953cb5755fc8?hl=en

Reportviewer textbox valign - 2 new
-----------------------------------
Jialiang Ge, Thank you very much. It's working perfectly. - Thurs, Apr 17 2008
3:22 pm
2 messages , 2 authors
http://groups.google.com/group/microsoft.public.dotnet.framework.aspnet/t/c6d1a1ae60ef7fbb?hl=en

css style sheets not working - 3 new
------------------------------------
I have a machine running IIS 6.0. I just replaced the web.config and several
aspx pages in the application and now the style sheets are not working. the
images from the themes work but not the css files. Any help. - Thurs, Apr 17
2008 3:40 pm
3 messages , 3 authors
http://groups.google.com/group/microsoft.public.dotnet.framework.aspnet/t/5b1b52c141982905?hl=en

Reportviewer Grouping - 2 new
-----------------------------
Hi there, I'm using framework 2 reportviewer. I would like to have in the
group header say something like 'Group A' for the first page and if continue
to second page say something like 'Continue Group A...' I will have any groups
in the report, it's be nice to print each page if continue from the page
before. Any - Thurs, Apr 17 2008 4:13 pm
2 messages , 2 authors
http://groups.google.com/group/microsoft.public.dotnet.framework.aspnet/t/1f5201cb3967805d?hl=en

Organizing Large Web Service - 1 new
------------------------------------
Hi all, How do you all organize your large web services? I have a service
which needs to cover multiple components. Do you build one asmx file for all
the functions. Multiple ASMX files - grouping by functionality? Or have do you
go the document route - in which the details are in the XML, and the web
service routes it to the appropriate backend? - Thurs, Apr 17 2008 5:39 pm
1 message, 1 author
http://groups.google.com/group/microsoft.public.dotnet.framework.aspnet/t/ab61530c93284b67?hl=en

Lomov legal mp3 music downloads - 1 new
---------------------------------------
L O M O V F R E E M P 3 S O N G D O W N L O A D *Holzwege 2005* 'Lomov -
Dolmen' ([link]) (11:04 15.19Mb 192kbps) 'Lomov - Hochwaldregen' ([link]) (9:
56 13.64Mb 192kbps) 'Lomov - Mondlaub' ([link]) (3:02 4.16Mb - Thurs, Apr 17
2008 9:27 am
1 message, 1 author
http://groups.google.com/group/microsoft.public.dotnet.framework.aspnet/t/6c9cd543ac9bcbd0?hl=en

DataGrid and DetailsView... - 1 new
-----------------------------------
Hi guys. I have been thrown into the deep end. I don't know ASP, and with my C#
development, I haven't used data aware controls. I am swimming OK so far (
Image uploaded completed, XML/XSL menu created for the Master Page) but now
now I have been asked to create a few screens that allow updating of small
tables. Basically, you - Thurs, Apr 17 2008 6:53 pm
1 message, 1 author
http://groups.google.com/group/microsoft.public.dotnet.framework.aspnet/t/acb14cdee0c8d344?hl=en

Set Datalist height dynamically - 1 new
---------------------------------------
I have a datalist and I want the datalist to grow from no records to fill the
screen, but not go beyond the screen height. How do I do that? I've
implemented the scroll bars but it works only for the fixed height. I want the
datalist to grow and shrink and never go beyond the current screen height, if
the data can not fit in one screen I want to implement scroll - Thurs, Apr 17
2008 9:20 pm
1 message, 1 author
http://groups.google.com/group/microsoft.public.dotnet.framework.aspnet/t/072fae47bcd34642?hl=en

How to get the download completed status? - 2 new
Hi, To provide download functionality, I used the below code. Response.
ContentType = "application/x-download"; string strFileName=@"d:\Landscape.jpg
"; Response.AddHeader("Content-Di sposition", "attachment; filename=testing.
jpeg" ); Response.WriteFile(strFileName ); Response.End(); - Thurs, Apr 17
2008 9:43 pm
2 messages , 2 authors
http://groups.google.com/group/microsoft.public.dotnet.framework.aspnet/t/cee26c06f2f715b6?hl=en

ASP.NET AJAX Synchronous calls - 1 new
--------------------------------------
In AjaxPro, if you leave out the Callback parameter, it becomes a synchronous
call. Is it possible to perform a synchronous call with ASP.NET AJAX? Please
limit responses to the question posed...let's leave the discussions of why not
async, or what does the "A" mean for another thread. Thanks for any help and
examples of how to do it. - Thurs, Apr 17 2008 10:40 pm
1 message, 1 author
http://groups.google.com/group/microsoft.public.dotnet.framework.aspnet/t/84372e0dd4d27bfa?hl=en

china supply cheap bape diesel rock&republic GGG jeans at www.thenikeshoes.net
- 1 new
-------
WWW.Thenikeshoes.NET china wholesale ed-hardy t-shirts and red monkey jeans
Evisu jeans 10deep hoodies and cheap gino green global hoodies cheap wholesale
red monkey,evisu,Ed hardy jeans,shorts,hoodies ed hardy caps,ed hardy caps
cheap,ed hardy for cheap,ed hardy christian audigier china wholesale cheap -
Thurs, Apr 17 2008 11:19 pm
1 message, 1 author
http://groups.google.com/group/microsoft.public.dotnet.framework.aspnet/t/73a14be50d6a8a44?hl=en

Display Multiple Sets Of Data In THe Same Datagrid - 1 new
Hi Srinivasa & Eliyahu Thanks for your replies. Some useful ideas there. Many
thanks Iain - Thurs, Apr 17 2008 11:51 pm
1 message, 1 author
http://groups.google.com/group/microsoft.public.dotnet.framework.aspnet/t/ccd57c0c813259ee?hl=en

Data Binding and Formatting Problem - 1 new
Hi Tomasz, Thanks for infoming me this. I've forward this issue to some other
ASP.NET engineers (also include the connect report link). I'll update you if I
get any new information. Sincerely, Steven Cheng Microsoft MSDN Online Support
Lead Delighting our customers is our #1 priority. We welcome your comments and
- Thurs, Apr 17 2008 11:56 pm
1 message, 1 author
http://groups.google.com/group/microsoft.public.dotnet.framework.aspnet/t/ce2887d133009c21?hl=en

Lower Price Invicta Pro Diver A Watch 2026 - 1 new
Lower Price Invicta Pro Diver A Watch 2026 Invicta Pro Diver A Watch 2026 Link
: [link] Buy the cheapest Invicta Pro Diver A Watch 2026 in toppest Fake . [
link] helps you to save money! Invicta-2026 , Invicta Pro Diver A Watch 2026 ,
Replica , Cheap , Fakes , imitation , - Fri, Apr 18 2008 12:25 am
1 message, 1 author
http://groups.google.com/group/microsoft.public.dotnet.framework.aspnet/t/8962be8ae071449a?hl=en

No comments: