DotNetDevelopment 7 new messages in 6 topics

TOPIC: MDI Forms and sample projects for windows application in vb.net
http://groups.google.com/group/DotNetDevelopment/browse_thread/thread/054ca34779940b39?hl=en

== 1 of 1 ==
Date: Mon, May 12 2008 11:24 am
From: "Andrew Badera"

www.google.com

--
--
--Andy Badera

TOPIC: message box in asp.net
http://groups.google.com/group/DotNetDevelopment/browse_thread/thread/855eb2c5de05b690?hl=en

== 1 of 2 ==
Date: Mon, May 12 2008 12:17 pm
From: "Crisatunity (blog.crisatunity.com)"

But Cerebrus I want database exceptions thrown to be presented nearly
real-time, *with dump stacks* to my end users.  How will I do that
with long running transactions without AJAX?

On May 12, 11:08 am, Cerebrus <zorg...@sify.com> wrote:
> I agree totally ! AJAX isn't even required in this scenario.
>
> On May 12, 5:41 pm, "Jamie Fraser" <jamie.fra...@gmail.com> wrote:
>

> > Read my post above.
>
> > What you've done is akin to jumping in a Formula 1 car before you've
> > got your drivers license.- Hide quoted text -

== 2 of 2 ==
Date: Mon, May 12 2008 12:23 pm
From: "Andrew Badera"

bwahaahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha

funniest thing I've heard or read all day.

On Mon, May 12, 2008 at 3:17 PM, Crisatunity (blog.crisatunity.com) <
cleveridea.net@gmail.com> wrote:

> But Cerebrus I want database exceptions thrown to be presented nearly
> real-time, *with dump stacks* to my end users.  How will I do that
> with long running transactions without AJAX?
>
> On May 12, 11:08 am, Cerebrus <zorg...@sify.com> wrote:
> > I agree totally ! AJAX isn't even required in this scenario.
> >
> > On May 12, 5:41 pm, "Jamie Fraser" <jamie.fra...@gmail.com> wrote:
> >

> > > Read my post above.
> >
> > > What you've done is akin to jumping in a Formula 1 car before you've
> > > got your drivers license.- Hide quoted text -

--
--
--Andy Badera
http://higherefficiency.net
http://flipbitsnotburgers.blogspot.com/
http://andrew.badera.us/
http://changeroundup.com/
andrew@badera.us
(518) 641-1280
Google me: http://www.google.com/search?q=andrew+badera

TOPIC: Problem while using Global Connection String
http://groups.google.com/group/DotNetDevelopment/browse_thread/thread/9289b3c643b25d72?hl=en

== 1 of 1 ==
Date: Mon, May 12 2008 12:21 pm
From: "Crisatunity (blog.crisatunity.com)"

Works perhaps, sucks definitely.

On May 12, 6:47 am, "adityo dwiarto" <adityodwia...@gmail.com> wrote:
> mine works
> System.Configuration.ConfigurationManager.AppSettings["Conn"].ToString()

Putting connection strings into the appSettings element when there's a
perfectly good connectionStrings element made for the purpose is
insane.

TOPIC: I am trying to update the datasource of a drop-down box Options
http://groups.google.com/group/DotNetDevelopment/browse_thread/thread/d8c74c916c74020a?hl=en

== 1 of 1 ==
Date: Mon, May 12 2008 12:33 pm
From: "Crisatunity (blog.crisatunity.com)"

What basis do you have that posting the same question twice will yield
different results?  Your first premise reads: "please let me waste
your time".  Regardless, it is a simple sort of thing you are asking
so can't believe wasn't answered satisfactorily the first time you
asked it.

#1 make sure you are only binding to your first dropdown data source
when !IsPostback, and
#2 make sure that dropdown causes postbacks (not the default behavior
on the property pages)

Am I missing something?

On May 12, 11:11 am, stapes <steve.sta...@gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi
>
> I thought I would try this question again as I didn't get a
> satisfactory reply first time.
>
> Within a Form View (fvSingleLineOrders), I have two DropDownLists.
> The
> first, ddSiteTypes, contains a selection of Site Types. The second
> (ddDestinations), is to contain a different selection based on the
> choice of Site Type.
> Here is my code:
>
> protected void ddSiteTypes_SelectedIndexChanged(object sender,
> EventArgs e)
>     {
>         DropDownList myList =
> (DropDownList)fvSingleLineOrders.FindControl("ddSiteTypes");
>         int number = Convert.ToInt32(myList.SelectedValue);
>         Session["siteTypeID"] = number;
>         fvSingleLineOrders.DataBind();
>     }
>
> Unfortunately, this resets all the other fields on the form.
> How can I make it so it only updates ddDestinations?
> fvSingleLineOrders is a Form View Control. It has its own databinding
> code. I only want to update one field on the form - ddDestinations
>
> Stapes

TOPIC: Multitier application and Datagrid
http://groups.google.com/group/DotNetDevelopment/browse_thread/thread/c707b6a9e6186220?hl=en

== 1 of 1 ==
Date: Mon, May 12 2008 12:37 pm
From: "Crisatunity (blog.crisatunity.com)"

You're kidding, right?

On May 12, 8:26 am, André Wagner <andre....@gmail.com> wrote:
> Can you give me a example of it?

TOPIC: Application control is redirecting to the login page on every server
request
http://groups.google.com/group/DotNetDevelopment/browse_thread/thread/a2f9b4e323793ee3?hl=en

== 1 of 1 ==
Date: Mon, May 12 2008 8:14 pm
From: Anup Daware

Hi All,
I am facing this very weird issue, for every server request my control
is redirecting to the login page and again coming back to the actual
page from where the request was initiated when I set my custom
Remember be cookie on the login page. Following are the details:
1.       Authentication mode is 'Forms'
2.       This issue is reproducible only in deployed applications, I
found this using my trace and remote debugging
3.       This issue occurs only when user selects the 'Remember Me'
option at the time of login, then I set the custom cookie for storing
the user info. (inbuilt Remember Me of login control is not used as I
need the fixed expiration and not the sliding one)
4.       It is also observed that issue occurs only when I create a
msi and deploy it, if I just take the code and publish it on server
the application works fine and there are no unnecessary redirections
to login
5.       Application is Ajax enabled

//Following is the code where I set the cookie used for remember me:
2    // To store the authentication cookie.
3    HttpCookie myTLCookie = new HttpCookie("UserCookie");
4    Response.Cookies.Remove("UserCookie");
5    //Save username and password in the cookie.
6    myTLCookie.Values["Username"] = LoginTyreLink.UserName;
7    myTLCookie.Values["Password"] = LoginTyreLink.Password;
8    myTLCookie.Values["LanguageCodeForMegaFleet"] =
(((DropDownList)LoginTyreLink.FindControl("dropDownListLanguage")).SelectedItem.Value).Substring(6,
3);
9    myTLCookie.Values["UICulture"] =
(((DropDownList)LoginTyreLink.FindControl("dropDownListLanguage")).SelectedItem.Value).Substring(0,
5);
10   myTLCookie.Values["Culture"] =
(((DropDownList)LoginTyreLink.FindControl("dropDownListLanguage")).SelectedItem.Value).Substring(0,
5);
11   myTLCookie.Values["LanguageForTyreDetails"] =
(((DropDownList)LoginTyreLink.FindControl("dropDownListLanguage")).SelectedItem.Value).Substring(10);
12   myTLCookie.Values["ClientOffsetTime"] =
SessionManager.CurrentUser.GetTimezoneOffset().ToString();
13
14   // Read the expiry period from the session and set the cookie
life time of the cookie accordingly.
15   // Note that the client local time is used to decide the cookie
expiry time
16   myTLCookie.Expires =
Time.AddHours(double.Parse(ConfigurationManager.AppSettings.Get("SessionTimeout").ToString()));
17   try
18   {
19   HttpCookie encodedCookie =
Utilities.HttpSecureCookie.Encode(myTLCookie);
20         Response.Cookies.Add(encodedCookie);
21   }
22   catch (Exception exp)
23   {
24   HandleException(exp);
25   }
26

 //Following the is the code that reads the Remember Me cookie at the
time of load of login page and sets the authentication cookie:
2    if (Request.Cookies.Get("UserCookie") != null)
3    {
4    HttpCookie cookie = Request.Cookies.Get("UserCookie");
5    HttpCookie decodedCookie =
Utilities.HttpSecureCookie.Decode(cookie);
6    if (decodedCookie.Values["Username"] != null &&
decodedCookie.Values["Password"] != null)
7    {
8    if (ValidateUser(decodedCookie.Values["Username"].ToString(),
decodedCookie.Values["Password"].ToString(),0.0))
9    {
10
FormsAuthentication.SetAuthCookie(decodedCookie.Values["Username"].ToString(),
false);
11   Response.Redirect(LoginControl.DestinationPageUrl);
12   }
13   }
14   }

While I am probably almost certain that the issue is with Forms
Authentication  and Cookies, I am not able figure out what it could
be. Please help.
Thanks,
Anup

No comments: