== 1 of 1 ==
Date: Sat, May 10 2008 9:59 pm
From: "Crisatunity (blog.crisatunity.com)"

Hello ditto,

Does DNE = Does No Effort?

On May 10, 2:31 am, Cerebrus <zorg...@sify.com> wrote:
> Why not just tell them that you "don;t know anything in vb.net" ? If
> that's not an option, why not just *learn* VB.NET ? In any case, what
> kind of help are you expecting here...  if you are looking for tutors,
> this is wrong place.
>
> And I'm guessing DNE stands for "Does Not Exist".
>
> On May 9, 12:59 pm, dj <ditt...@gmail.com> wrote:
>
> > Hi friends
> > I am ditto...now only i enter in IT field
> > Now am working in dne technology..
> > i have no exp in vb.net..
> > but in my company crrent project is vb.net..
> > I don;t know anything in vb.net...
> > so please help......
> > by dj...

TOPIC: message box in asp.net
http://groups.google.com/group/DotNetDevelopment/browse_thread/thread/855eb2c5de05b690?hl=en

== 1 of 3 ==
Date: Fri, May 9 2008 11:54 pm
From: "scandan K"

use javascript alert();

--
Scandan K.
Perumbavoor.

== 2 of 3 ==
Date: Sat, May 10 2008 1:41 am
From: vikalp

hi,
well,thanx a lot Cerebrus for spending your valuable time on my
question.The thing is that debug window is also not coming.i tried my
level best.can u tell me why its not coming.and one more thing i am
doing the coding in c# and can i use javascript invocation to include
Messageboxes in my webform or else what is the possible way..
thanx
best regards

On May 10, 12:20 pm, Cerebrus <zorg...@sify.com> wrote:
> If you're looking for something akin to the Windows forms MessageBox,
> then you are quite right... it's not there. Browser message boxes are
> different and require Javascript invocation.
>
> Here is a beginner page for Javascript alerts :
>
> http://www.aspnetcenter.com/cliktoprogram/javascript/alert.asp
> [Scroll to bottom]
>
> On May 10, 11:03 am, vikalp <bhatt.vik...@gmail.com> wrote:
>
> > hi everybody,
>
> > actually i am trying to include a message box in my asp page....but
> > its not there...how can i include that???
> > plz help...
>
> > regards
> > vikalp

== 3 of 3 ==
Date: Sun, May 11 2008 2:54 am
From: rafic.

hi,

u just use ajax toolkit control. in this toolkit having more controls like
msgbox.

here is a asp.net ajax control toolkit link :
http://www.asp.net/ajax/ajaxcontroltoolkit/

On Sat, May 10, 2008 at 10:20 AM, Cerebrus <zorg007@sify.com> wrote:

> If you're looking for something akin to the Windows forms MessageBox,
> then you are quite right... it's not there. Browser message boxes are
> different and require Javascript invocation.
>
> Here is a beginner page for Javascript alerts :
>
> http://www.aspnetcenter.com/cliktoprogram/javascript/alert.asp
> [Scroll to bottom]
>
> On May 10, 11:03 am, vikalp <bhatt.vik...@gmail.com> wrote:
> > hi everybody,
> >
> > actually i am trying to include a message box in my asp page....but
> > its not there...how can i include that???
> > plz help...
> >
> > regards
> > vikalp

TOPIC: Generate Report in Excel from ASP Website using Database Data
http://groups.google.com/group/DotNetDevelopment/browse_thread/thread/8652c2acbbcdc71b?hl=en

== 1 of 1 ==
Date: Sat, May 10 2008 1:52 am
From: Fas

Hi I'm a newbie - would like to know if there is a good off-the-shelf
component or library that will allow me to use my ASP Website to
generate an Excel report.

More specifically, I have a load of data in a database, someone comes
to my website, decides what type of data they wish to see, I can then
easily write SQL queries to extract the data I require. However, I now
wish to "nicely" present that data within an Excel spreadsheet for the
user to see - this is something I can do but it is painful formating
and presenting the data nicely in Excel; I know that I can write a set
of flexible libraries to handle most data forms and create an adequate
Excel report but this will be very timeconsuming.

What I would like to know is whether there is already something out
there that I can use?

Grateful for any help you can provide.

Rgds
Fas

TOPIC: Detecting MDI Children
http://groups.google.com/group/DotNetDevelopment/browse_thread/thread/5f191756ec71290a?hl=en

== 1 of 2 ==
Date: Sat, May 10 2008 5:52 am
From: Joshua Russo

One thing you might try is to create a static variable of type Form
that you call ActiveForm. Then assign it in the Activated event of
each child with This and nullify it in the Deactivate of each child.
In your formatting function you just have to see if the ActiveForm is
null and if you have multiple types of child forms, check the type and
cast to the proper type.

Josh

On May 8, 10:21 pm, dannosliwcd <daniel.wilson...@gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi, I'm a newbie to programming, taking a high school class in VB .net
> and trying to teach myself C#.
>
> I'm trying to make a sort of word processor just as a kind of practice
> thing. I'm having some trouble with a few text formatting functions
> because if there isn't an open MDI child with the Richtextbox to apply
> the format to, it crashes the program. I am currently using Try...
> Catch statements to get around the crash, but I'm pretty sure that
> isn't the stylistically right way to do it. Is there some kind of
> function that I could use in an if statement to say only apply the
> formatting if there is an active MDI child?
>
> Thanks

== 2 of 2 ==
Date: Sun, May 11 2008 9:53 am
From: Cerebrus

IMHO, the "Form.ActiveMdiChild" Property should return null if there
is no active child windows.

On May 9, 7:21 am, dannosliwcd <daniel.wilson...@gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi, I'm a newbie to programming, taking a high school class in VB .net
> and trying to teach myself C#.
>
> I'm trying to make a sort of word processor just as a kind of practice
> thing. I'm having some trouble with a few text formatting functions
> because if there isn't an open MDI child with the Richtextbox to apply
> the format to, it crashes the program. I am currently using Try...
> Catch statements to get around the crash, but I'm pretty sure that
> isn't the stylistically right way to do it. Is there some kind of
> function that I could use in an if statement to say only apply the
> formatting if there is an active MDI child?
>
> Thanks

TOPIC: Notify Icon Menu Strip
http://groups.google.com/group/DotNetDevelopment/browse_thread/thread/39a64733669a0e80?hl=en

== 1 of 1 ==
Date: Sat, May 10 2008 9:40 am
From: Wek

Well, I think you can adjust the menu by the mouse position. You get
the mouse position (normally when the ContextMenu is called, the mouse
is over the SystemTray icon), and then you show the menu in this
position, like this (sorry, some parts are writen in VB, I don't know
C#)

First you've to add a EventHandler:
     AddHandler NotifyIcon1.MouseClick, AddressOf ShowMenu

The EventHandler points at this function
     void ShowMenu(System.Object sender,
System.Windows.Forms.MouseEventArgs e)
     {
         ContextMenu.Show(e.X(), e.Y())
     }

On 8 mayo, 12:44, "adityo dwiarto" <adityodwia...@gmail.com> wrote:
> hi all,
>
> I have created a NotifyIcon with my application, when I right-click on the
> SystemTrayIcon, a menu appears on upper right-hand-side of the screen.
> though the menu strip shows, unfortunately I can only adjust it by
> *(x, y)*position to the screen, and not relative to the SystemTray
> postion
> I want it to be shown as how a ContextMenu usually does, right above the
> SystemIconTray.
>
>             notifyIconTray.MouseClick += delegate
>             {
>                 //notifyIconMenuStrip.Show(1024, 768); //<-- this
>                 notifyIconMenuStrip.Show(1024, 768);
>             };
> it says:
>   void ToolStripDropDown.Show(*Control control,* Point
> position)
> .
> *  control:* The control (typically, a
> System.Windows.Forms.ToolStripDropDownButton) that is the reference point
> for the System.Windows.Forms.ToolStripDropDown position. .
>
> Ca  n anybody give me a tip?

TOPIC: Program does not run on computer without VS2005
http://groups.google.com/group/DotNetDevelopment/browse_thread/thread/a239c8db35981649?hl=en

== 1 of 1 ==
Date: Sat, May 10 2008 9:59 am
From: Wek

You should try to rebuild-it, and if it doesn't works, you can verify
if the program does really starts with the task manager.

Also you can check what things are in your pc and verify if they are
in the another machine, and if it can affect the app, like Windows
Updates, something installed by VS...

On 9 may, 17:03, cppquester <cppques...@googlemail.com> wrote:
> I created a solution which contains
> C# projects
> and one C++ project with partly managed C++ code.
>
> The program (release version) runs on my machine, but on another
> machine without VS2005 it does not run.
> Even when I copy the whole solution tree.
>
> dotnet runtime 2.0 and vcredist are installed on the other machine.
>
> The program just does not start. No error, no messages at all.
> Same when run from command window.
>
> When I profile with Depends
> it exits with
> ...Exited "C:\path\program" (process 0x2D4) with code 1282 (0x502) by
> thread 1.
>
> Does anybody has a clue what is going on?
> Or what to check?
>
> Thanks,
> Marc

TOPIC: Update Fails-- not finding controls?
http://groups.google.com/group/DotNetDevelopment/browse_thread/thread/224c1ff7eafc7422?hl=en

== 1 of 2 ==
Date: Sat, May 10 2008 5:32 pm
From: TheWall

A SQL connection on the aspx page fills the listbox.  I click on a
name in the list box and on postback it fills the eight objects.

On click of btnUpdate the object are not found for the update.  I have
tried form.findcontrol as you will notice commented out below as well
as various other solutions.  I know that the update works because all
but these four get updated:

      1. varTier = txtTier.Text
      2. varWorkPhone2 = txtWorkPhone.Text
      3. varHomePhone2 = txtHomePhone.Text
      4. varMobilePhone2 = txtMobilePhone.Text

Any help would be much appreciated.  I really need to complete this by
Monday.

Thank you and don't forget Mother's Day this Sunday,
TheWall

Imports System.Data.SqlClient
Imports System.Data.SqlTypes
Imports System.Data.Sql
Imports System.Data
Imports System.Web.Mail
Imports System.Web.Configuration
Imports System.Collections.CollectionBase

Partial Class CallTree
   Inherits System.Web.UI.Page

System.EventArgs) Handles Me.Load

       Dim connectionString As String =
System.Configuration.ConfigurationManager.ConnectionStrings("RCSConnectionString").ConnectionString
       Dim myConnection As SqlConnection
       Dim myCommand As SqlCommand
       Dim SQLstr As String
       Dim varStaffName As String
       'Dim varWorkPhone2 As String
       'Dim varHomePhone2 As String
       'Dim varMobilePhone2 As String
       Dim dr As SqlDataReader
       'Dim varVCNUmber As String
       varStaffName = lbFullName.SelectedValue.ToString

       'varWorkPhone2 = txtWorkPhone.Text
       'varHomePhone2 = txtHomePhone.Text
       'varMobilePhone2 = txtMobilePhone.Text

       If Page.IsPostBack Then

           SQLstr = " SELECT "
           SQLstr = SQLstr & "   ISNULL(StaffID,'') As StaffID,
ISNULL(RegNumber,'') AS RegNumber, "
           SQLstr = SQLstr & "   ISNULL(VCNumber,'') AS VCNumber,
ISNULL(Position,'') AS Position, "
           SQLstr = SQLstr & "   ISNULL(FullName,'') AS FullName,
ISNULL(Tier,0) AS Tier, ISNULL(WorkPhone,'') AS WorkPhone,   "
           SQLstr = SQLstr & "   ISNULL(HomePhone,'') AS HomePhone,
ISNULL(MobilePhone,'') AS MobilePhone "
           SQLstr = SQLstr & "   FROM tblCallTree  "
           SQLstr = SQLstr & "   WHERE FullName = '" & varStaffName &
"'  "
           'Response.Write(SQLstr)
           myConnection = New
SqlConnection(System.Configuration.ConfigurationManager.ConnectionStrings("RCSConnectionString").ConnectionString)

           myConnection.Open()

           myCommand = New SqlCommand(SQLstr, myConnection)

           dr = myCommand.ExecuteReader()
           txtStaffID.Text = ""
           lblRegNumber.Text = ""
           lblVCNumber.Text = ""
           lblPosition.Text = ""
           lblFullName.Text = ""
           txtTier.Text = ""
           txtWorkPhone.Text = ""
           txtHomePhone.Text = ""
           txtMobilePhone.Text = ""

           While dr.Read()
               txtStaffID.Text = dr.GetString(0)
               lblRegNumber.Text = dr.GetString(1)
               lblVCNumber.Text = dr.GetString(2)
               lblPosition.Text = dr.GetString(3)
               lblFullName.Text = dr.GetString(4)
               txtTier.Text = dr.GetValue(5)
               txtWorkPhone.Text = dr.GetString(6)
               txtHomePhone.Text = dr.GetString(7)
               txtMobilePhone.Text = dr.GetString(8)

           End While

           dr.Close()
           dr.Dispose()

           myConnection.Close()
           myConnection.Dispose()
       End If

   End Sub

   Protected Sub btnUpdate_Click(ByVal sender As Object, ByVal e As
System.EventArgs) Handles btnUpdate.Click

       Dim connectionString As String =
System.Configuration.ConfigurationManager.ConnectionStrings("RCSConnectionString").ConnectionString
       Dim myConnection As SqlConnection
       Dim myCommand As SqlCommand
       Dim SQLstr As String
       Dim icount As Integer
       Dim varTier As Integer
       Dim varWorkPhone2 As String
       Dim varHomePhone2 As String
       Dim varMobilePhone2 As String
       Dim varStaffID As String
       Dim varCallingStaffID As String
       'txtTier = form1.FindControl("txtTier")
       'txtWorkPhone = form1.FindControl("txtWorkPhone")
       'txtHomePhone = form1.FindControl("txtHomePhone")
       'txtMobilePhone = form1.FindControl("txtMobilePhone")
       'Dim varTier = form1.FindControl("txtTier")
       'Dim varWorkPhone2 =
form1.FindControl("txtWorkPhone").ToString
       'Dim varHomePhone2 =
form1.FindControl("txtHomePhone").ToString
       'Dim varMobilePhone2 =
form1.FindControl("txtMobilePhone") .ToString

       varTier = txtTier.Text
       varWorkPhone2 = txtWorkPhone.Text
       varHomePhone2 = txtHomePhone.Text
       varMobilePhone2 = txtMobilePhone.Text
       varStaffID = txtStaffID.Text
       varCallingStaffID = "0999820227"

       SQLstr = " UPDATE tblCallTree "
       SQLstr = SQLstr & "   SET Tier = '" & varTier & "', WorkPhone
= '" & varWorkPhone2 & "',  "
       SQLstr = SQLstr & "   HomePhone =  '" & varHomePhone2 & "',
MobilePhone = '" & varMobilePhone2 & "',  "
       SQLstr = SQLstr & "    DataEntryDate = GetDate(), Completed =
1, CallingStaffID = '" & varCallingStaffID & "'  "
       SQLstr = SQLstr & "  WHERE StaffID = '" & varStaffID & "'  "
       'Update will set Completed = True
       myConnection = New
SqlConnection(System.Configuration.ConfigurationManager.ConnectionStrings("RCSConnectionString").ConnectionString)

       Response.Write(SQLstr)

       myConnection.Open()

       'Get Identity
       myCommand = New SqlCommand(SQLstr, myConnection)

       icount = myCommand.ExecuteNonQuery

       myConnection.Close()
       myConnection.Dispose()

   End Sub
End Class

== 2 of 2 ==
Date: Sun, May 11 2008 9:51 am
From: Cerebrus

I think you should be retrieving the references to the controls in the
DataBound event. It's possible they haven't been created when the
control enters your btnUpdate_Click event handler.

On May 11, 5:32 am, TheWall <terrylw...@hotmail.com> wrote:
> [...]
>         varMobilePhone2 = txtMobilePhone.Text
>         varStaffID = txtStaffID.Text
>         varCallingStaffID = "0999820227"
>
>         SQLstr = " UPDATE tblCallTree "
>         SQLstr = SQLstr & "   SET Tier = '" & varTier & "', WorkPhone
> = '" & varWorkPhone2 & "',  "
>         SQLstr = SQLstr & "   HomePhone =  '" & varHomePhone2 & "',
> MobilePhone = '" & varMobilePhone2 & "',  "
>         SQLstr = SQLstr & "    DataEntryDate = GetDate(), Completed =
> 1, CallingStaffID = '" & varCallingStaffID & "'  "
>         SQLstr = SQLstr & "  WHERE StaffID = '" & varStaffID & "'  "
>         'Update will set Completed = True
>         myConnection = New
> SqlConnection(System.Configuration.ConfigurationManager.ConnectionStrings("­RCSConnectionString").ConnectionString)
>
>         Response.Write(SQLstr)
>
>         myConnection.Open()
>
>         'Get Identity
>         myCommand = New SqlCommand(SQLstr, myConnection)

TOPIC: Check the job schedule on sql server 2000
http://groups.google.com/group/DotNetDevelopment/browse_thread/thread/f3555a7cf386d7ad?hl=en

== 1 of 1 ==
Date: Sun, May 11 2008 8:18 am
From: Getchandani

Hi
I have requirement to check that the number of job schedule currently
working on the sql server 2000 . I have to check from my web form .For
eg.

If i have created the job schedule name  "job1" which update the
employee attendance daily at 8:30 am in database . i have to check
with help of code(C# or Vb.net) that " job 1" is running on server  or
not .

Sunil Chandani

No comments: