16 new messages

TOPIC: Command doesnt insert
http://groups.google.com/group/DotNetDevelopment/browse_thread/thread/86d20708ba44da67

== 1 of 4 ==
Date: Sat, Jul 29 2006 8:15 am
From: "mary"

Hi friends
the code below runs without exeception error, but after running this
code i saw that no line has been inseerted to variz table.

System.EventArgs)
       If User.Identity.IsAuthenticated Then
           Label4.Text = User.Identity.Name

       Else
           Label6.Visible = True
           TextBox1.Enabled = False
           Button1.Enabled = False
       End If
   End Sub

System.EventArgs)

       Dim conn As New
SqlConnection(ConfigurationManager.ConnectionStrings("WroxUnitedConnectionString").ConnectionString)
       Dim trans As SqlTransaction = Nothing
       Dim cmd As New SqlCommand()
       Dim cmd1 As New sqlcommand()

       Try
           conn.Open()
           trans = conn.BeginTransaction
           cmd.Connection = conn

           cmd.Transaction = trans

           ' set the order details

                     cmd.CommandText = "INSERT INTO variz(membername,
variz, varizdate) " & _
                            "VALUES ('" & User.Identity.Name & "'," &
TextBox1.Text & "," & Date.Today & " )"

           cmd.ExecuteNonQuery()

       Catch ex As Exception

       End Try

   End Sub

== 2 of 4 ==
Date: Sat, Jul 29 2006 7:23 am
From: "Mike Roberts"

Mary,

I see you begin a transaction, do you ever commit it?

Mike

On 7/29/06, mary <m.mirzakhah@gmail.com> wrote:

> Hi friends
> the code below runs without exeception error, but after running this
> code i saw that no line has been inseerted to variz table.

> System.EventArgs)
>        If User.Identity.IsAuthenticated Then
>            Label4.Text = User.Identity.Name
>
>        Else
>            Label6.Visible = True
>            TextBox1.Enabled = False
>            Button1.Enabled = False
>        End If
>    End Sub
>
>    Protected Sub Button1_Click(ByVal sender As Object, ByVal e As
> System.EventArgs)
>

>        Dim conn As New
> SqlConnection(ConfigurationManager.ConnectionStrings
> ("WroxUnitedConnectionString").ConnectionString)
>        Dim trans As SqlTransaction = Nothing
>        Dim cmd As New SqlCommand()
>        Dim cmd1 As New sqlcommand()
>

>        Try
>            conn.Open()
>            trans = conn.BeginTransaction
>            cmd.Connection = conn
>
>            cmd.Transaction = trans
>

>            ' set the order details
>
>                      cmd.CommandText = "INSERT INTO variz(membername,
> variz, varizdate) " & _
>                             "VALUES ('" & User.Identity.Name & "'," &
> TextBox1.Text & "," & Date.Today & " )"
>
>            cmd.ExecuteNonQuery()
>
>        Catch ex As Exception
>
>        End Try
>

>    End Sub

== 3 of 4 ==
Date: Sat, Jul 29 2006 7:13 am
From: "mary"

Hi friend
I change my codes to below, it looks ok with no error but when i return
back to DB I find out that there is no line added to DB.
ALTER PROCEDURE dbo.storedvariz
(
       @MemberName varchar(50),
       @Variz money

)
AS
       INSERT INTO variz(membername, variz, varizdate)
       VALUES (@MemberName, @Variz, GETDATE())

System.EventArgs)

       Dim conn As New
SqlConnection(ConfigurationManager.ConnectionStrings("WroxUnitedConnectionString").ConnectionString)
       Dim trans As SqlTransaction = Nothing
           Dim cmd As New SqlCommand("storedvariz", conn)
       Try

           cmd.CommandType = Data.CommandType.StoredProcedure
           cmd.Parameters.AddWithValue("@MemberName",
User.Identity.Name)
           cmd.Parameters.AddWithValue("@Variz", TextBox1.Text)

           conn.Open()
           cmd.ExecuteNonQuery()
           conn.Close()

       Catch ex As Exception

       End Try

   End Sub

== 4 of 4 ==
Date: Sun, Jul 30 2006 5:05 am
From: "mary"

Hi friends after deleting transaction my problem solved!!!!!!

TOPIC: converting query result into an array
http://groups.google.com/group/DotNetDevelopment/browse_thread/thread/8c11e46c12af509b

== 1 of 1 ==
Date: Fri, Jul 28 2006 10:13 pm
From: "Raghuraman_ace"

Hi

just populate the datatable with the query results u want .Then use

datarow a[] ;
a=datatable.select("dummy
condition",sortcol,datarowviewstate.currentrows).The outcome of this
method will be the datarow array .

Hope this helps.

A drop in the oecean of sixfaces.
Raghuraman Tricomp technilogies, India

TOPIC: GridView, please help fast!
http://groups.google.com/group/DotNetDevelopment/browse_thread/thread/8dca19ea798fba4d

== 1 of 2 ==
Date: Fri, Jul 28 2006 10:18 pm
From: "Raghuraman_ace"

Hi

This is one of the simplests.

fill u r dataset using the dataadapter's fill method.
then bind the datatable with the grid like

datagrid.datasource=ds.tables[0]'defaultview.

hope this helps.

a drop in the ocean of six faces
Raghuraman.Tricomp tech india
Tricomp te

== 2 of 2 ==
Date: Sat, Jul 29 2006 5:27 am
From: "raghav"

Hi

Don't Worry, foolow this link
http://www.asp.net/learn/dataaccess/
Ur issue will be surely resolved

Regards
Raghav Mahajan

TOPIC: Multi selection drop down in asp.net/vb
http://groups.google.com/group/DotNetDevelopment/browse_thread/thread/662b43077479a353

== 1 of 1 ==
Date: Sat, Jul 29 2006 6:42 am
From: "ravi"

Hi,
I want to use multi selection drop down in my asp.net/vb application.
Is there any way to this
Please reply

TOPIC: help in call centre module, and live help messenger
http://groups.google.com/group/DotNetDevelopment/browse_thread/thread/b246eb9aaf8a85a2

== 1 of 1 ==
Date: Sat, Jul 29 2006 10:48 am
From: "Ram"

Hi all,

Can anybody briefly explain about call centre module and live help
messenger works.

Thanks
Ram

TOPIC: DataGridView Combobox column Error
http://groups.google.com/group/DotNetDevelopment/browse_thread/thread/fcf57f75886237b7

== 1 of 1 ==
Date: Sat, Jul 29 2006 7:31 pm
From: "Tito"

I don't understand why you are doing it this way.  Would it not be
simpler to add a DataGridViewComboBoxColumn instead and then bind the
data using the .DataSource property?  This can be done one time and
will save your program from having to go into each row and add a cell
with the same 50 items.

TOPIC: How do I make the selected Row of a datagrid display textboxcolumns??
http://groups.google.com/group/DotNetDevelopment/browse_thread/thread/ee372f264f698d68

== 1 of 1 ==
Date: Sat, Jul 29 2006 7:33 pm
From: "Tito"

What are these columns being changed from?  Are they not textboxcolumns
to begin with?  Do you need to highlight what row you are editing?

TOPIC: inaccessible due to its protection level
http://groups.google.com/group/DotNetDevelopment/browse_thread/thread/4184caba10bc55f0

== 1 of 2 ==
Date: Sat, Jul 29 2006 7:39 pm
From: "Tito"

I have also seen it where it won't even put the protected or private
there.  It might just be the type.  But I agree with Raj, make sure
that it is public.

== 2 of 2 ==
Date: Sat, Jul 29 2006 10:11 pm
From: "Hasham"

thanks for the suggestions..

it does not allow me to change the access modifier after the conversion
is complete by vs2005 conversion wizard. well installing the upgrade
patch provided y MS has solved the purpose

TOPIC: A Question About Multi-Thread
http://groups.google.com/group/DotNetDevelopment/browse_thread/thread/bdd2767e1111cd5

== 1 of 1 ==
Date: Sat, Jul 29 2006 7:57 pm
From: "Tito"

There is no need to wait a whole second on your sleep command...this
will slow your process way down.  As long as you have at least a
Sleep(0), the processor will allow other command to step in and it will
not drag your cpu down.  Also, to keep away from the breaks, you can
try something like the following:

void WaitForThreadsEnd(Thread [] arr)
{
       bool bChildThAlive = true;
       while(bChildThAlive)
       {
               bChildThAlive = false;
               for (index = 0; index < arr.Length; index++)
               {
                       bChildThAlive = arr[index].IsAlive ||
bChildThAlive;
               }
               //this for loop will set the var bChildThAlive = true
if there is at least on thread alive
               Thread.Sleep(0);
       }

}

TOPIC: US-MD - ASP.NET Developers - (Full Time Direct)
http://groups.google.com/group/DotNetDevelopment/browse_thread/thread/a21d6766e7ff975b

== 1 of 1 ==
Date: Sat, Jul 29 2006 10:27 am
From: "Thomas D. Anderson"

New Directions Data Group furnishes a full range of solutions in the
Business Intelligence, Data Warehouse and Applications Presentation
sectors of information technology. Our service areas include: data
warehousing, data marts and database and applications development and
programming.

We seek to optimize a company's business performance and
competitiveness by providing subject matter experts who augment the
successful implementation of business critical corporate information
and data projects.

We are currently with a highly noted eCommerce client who is seeking a
number of ASP.NET Developers. In this role, you will be responsible for
developing front end web interfaces utilizing VB.NET, Classic ASP and
ASP.NET.

The team will be developing front end ecommerce store front solutions
that will include retail routing tools, and dynamic ad generation.
Other areas of development will include review of business
requirements, creation of strategies for implementation architecture,
and the design, development and maintenance of E-commerce storefronts
from the ground up.  Responsibilities may include enhancing Search
Engine Optimization (SEO) and user experience, and the maintenance of
production E-Commerce storefront and proprietary tools coded in .NET,
classic ASP, XSLT and SQL Server.

The appropriate individuals must have experience with web development
in an ASP.NET, ASP, XML, and XSLT environment and demonstrated SQL
Server background. Preferred experience in E-commerce, retail
storefront, B2B, B2C or Content Delivery industries.

To apply for this role you must have the required skills as described.
This is a full time direct (employee) role.  Please forward a Word copy
of your resume with your complete contact information (name, telephone,
mailing address) and a convenient time to contact you to
162-21-MH288@apply.maxhire.net, or call (866) 999-8600.

TOPIC: HI all of you , can you tell me how i connect remote database which are
located in webserver i wish to connect from client system
http://groups.google.com/group/DotNetDevelopment/browse_thread/thread/17ec649b7b1a8aba

== 1 of 1 ==
Date: Sat, Jul 29 2006 9:39 pm
From: "arun kumar ( sam)"

dear friend,
hi all,

i am new member of this group.  can you give me knowledge how i can
connect database which are located at webserver,  i wish to connect it
from client system .
i wait for your reply.
thanks,

arun

To change the way you get mail from this group, visit:
http://groups.google.com/group/DotNetDevelopment/subscribe

To report abuse, send email explaining the problem to abuse@googlegroups.com

Google Groups: http://groups.google.com

No comments: