101 new messages in 47 topics - abridged

Active Topics
-------------

Any way to exclude folder from watching by ASP.NET - 1 new
Nope, not true. Just tested it. Created folder and rename it in APP_DATA
Session was immediately reset. George. - Mon, Apr 28 2008 5:28 am
1 message, 1 author
http://groups.google.com/group/microsoft.public.dotnet.framework.aspnet/t/dc6c36b919344d3f?hl=en

cross page posting of data - 2 new
----------------------------------
Hi, I'm in need of help for solving the following problem: I've a page with
two div tag as follows: <div id="divNormalView" runat="server"> <asp:listbox
id="listSelectedMembers" Runat="server"</ asp:listbox> </div> <div id="
divPrintPreview" runat="server"> <asp:datagrid> </div> on normal flow
divNormalView would be visible and divPrintPreview - Mon, Apr 28 2008 5:38 am
2 messages , 2 authors
http://groups.google.com/group/microsoft.public.dotnet.framework.aspnet/t/c8d80b9870134df9?hl=en

Sending the state of a page via email - 4 new
Hello, I have a page with several control on it. Each control could have
several states. I want to send an email that has a link in it and when user
click on that link, it redirected to my site and go that specific page and set
the state of all controls in a way that it displayed in the way that I wanted.
- Mon, Apr 28 2008 5:47 am
4 messages , 3 authors
http://groups.google.com/group/microsoft.public.dotnet.framework.aspnet/t/d0108fae962bd2b9?hl=en

Better Alternative than Application State? - 3 new
Good info... Thanks a lot George. - Mon, Apr 28 2008 6:02 am
3 messages , 2 authors
http://groups.google.com/group/microsoft.public.dotnet.framework.aspnet/t/9149b08db6fa0a7f?hl=en

Mail Counter in asp.net 3.5 - 8 new
counter on a page to display sent mails like 12/123. I tried to display the
counter value is label but in vain. It seems like label is not rendered until
the click event finishes it code. - Mon, Apr 28 2008 6:08 am
8 messages , 5 authors
http://groups.google.com/group/microsoft.public.dotnet.framework.aspnet/t/14a8c9b2faa10e54?hl=en

css problem - 3 new
-------------------
none" ...</style> please correct the syntax. thx - Mon, Apr 28 2008 6:41 am
3 messages , 2 authors
http://groups.google.com/group/microsoft.public.dotnet.framework.aspnet/t/e2d62c86a99819b7?hl=en

Adapter.DeleteCommand.ExecuteNonQuery returns -1 but it works - 1 new
You were absolutely correct. There was SET NOCOUNT ON at the top of the stored
proc. Thanks, Bogdan - Mon, Apr 28 2008 6:49 am
1 message, 1 author
http://groups.google.com/group/microsoft.public.dotnet.framework.aspnet/t/7d3359b8d768bac7?hl=en

Web Site takes 10 minutes to start in debug mode - 1 new
"Cowboy (Gregory A. Beamer)" <NoSpamMgbwo...@comcast.netNoS pamM> wrote in
message news:upAJBYupIHA.2068@TK2MSFTNGP05.phx.gbl... ...2GB ...80% ...
Couldn't tell you. ...As I said, it's a Web Site, so there are no projects. -
Mon, Apr 28 2008 7:08 am
1 message, 1 author
http://groups.google.com/group/microsoft.public.dotnet.framework.aspnet/t/1cf67ae50fd91553?hl=en

Formview Null Values - 1 new
----------------------------
I wish it were, but all I'm doing is attaching my datasource to the formview
and running it. I'm not doing anything in the code behind, and while the type
of that column is integer, it's all being handled from the dataset. No manual
code has been written. ...FormView is normally just as tolerant of null values
as the other data - Mon, Apr 28 2008 7:32 am
1 message, 1 author
http://groups.google.com/group/microsoft.public.dotnet.framework.aspnet/t/6018bafd32647c3a?hl=en

asp.net sqlmembershipprovider integrated security - 1 new
Hi all, I've been debating for a while (basically since asp.net 2.0 came out)
on using the built in mebership classes to handle user management in my web
apps. I seem to keep coming upon roadblocks that keep me from jumping in. Well
this time is no different. While trying to use an asp.net
sqlmembershipprovider to create a new user, I get the following error: - Mon,
Apr 28 2008 7:42 am
1 message, 1 author
http://groups.google.com/group/microsoft.public.dotnet.framework.aspnet/t/40dae9517220f9af?hl=en

Standalone Usercontrols - 3 new
-------------------------------
Hi, Here's my problem, hopefully someone can suggest a suitable solution :)
I've got a large web application project, in which i want to create a sort of
plugin architecture. I'm going to need to requently add new usercontrols,
which all implement the same Interface. These controls will be loaded onto a -
Mon, Apr 28 2008 7:52 am
3 messages , 2 authors
http://groups.google.com/group/microsoft.public.dotnet.framework.aspnet/t/4d529b54336149a1?hl=en

How do I detect a user leaving the site? - 6 new
As per the question really. Not trying to stop them leaving, but just detect
WHEN they leave the site - Mon, Apr 28 2008 8:25 am
6 messages , 5 authors
http://groups.google.com/group/microsoft.public.dotnet.framework.aspnet/t/0fbbc2756b280218?hl=en

HttpHandlers, Server.Transfer and Session State - 2 new
you are probably doing the transfer before session is loaded. why are you
doing server transfer anyway? why not RewritePath. -- bruce (sqlwork.com) -
Mon, Apr 28 2008 8:49 am
2 messages , 2 authors
http://groups.google.com/group/microsoft.public.dotnet.framework.aspnet/t/faba22212f74e655?hl=en

How to move items from one listbox to another on a client side? - 5 new
Hi, I have two listboxes on a page and need to move items between them - using
buttons (e.g. "<<" ">>"). Can this be done on a client side in asp.net? I'd
like to avoid hitting the server on every add/remove. Thanks, Bogdan - Mon,
Apr 28 2008 8:57 am
5 messages , 3 authors
http://groups.google.com/group/microsoft.public.dotnet.framework.aspnet/t/14ff0c8c33abb7a0?hl=en

how do I catch a bad email address before sending? - 3 new
I'm using the following code to send out email messages to a list of people in
a database. My problem is that if I'm sending to 100 people and the 40th
address is bad, it crashes on that one and doesn't run the rest. I want to log
the one that crashed so I can display it to the user and then continue - Mon,
Apr 28 2008 9:19 am
3 messages , 2 authors
http://groups.google.com/group/microsoft.public.dotnet.framework.aspnet/t/4e9c55f4be47c1aa?hl=en

Multiple controls with the same ID - 1 new
Well --maybe-- go with the flow then and don't fight the compiler. So why not
just rewrite your JavaScript/ // for example var CheckArray = parent.Worklist.
batchEndorsewo rklist.checkbox var CheckArray1 = parent.Worklist.
batchEndorsewo rklist1.checkbox if(CheckArray != null || CheckArray1 != null) -
 Mon, Apr 28 2008 9:26 am
1 message, 1 author
http://groups.google.com/group/microsoft.public.dotnet.framework.aspnet/t/675327d078bd419f?hl=en

Kill request without sending any response or error to the browser - 3 new
Hello, I want to examine the HttpContext of the submitted requests. If the
context is validated, no problem I execute ProcessRequest. But if the context
doesn't match, I want to stop the request execution (I mean close the process
and clean it in memory). I don't want to return any error or any content to -
Mon, Apr 28 2008 9:46 am
3 messages , 3 authors
http://groups.google.com/group/microsoft.public.dotnet.framework.aspnet/t/58eb2f05902d664c?hl=en

Retrieve Value as it's Strong Type from Application or Session State - 2 new
Using ASP.NET 3.5... As far as I know, any time we store a value in
application or session state, it is stored as a humble 'object' type rather
than it's "real" type. For example, if we want to store an integer value in
Application state: Application["MyInt"] = 93; Then to retrieve that value, we
would use something like this: - Mon, Apr 28 2008 9:58 am
2 messages , 2 authors
http://groups.google.com/group/microsoft.public.dotnet.framework.aspnet/t/7d3b411b0d1bbce4?hl=en

Regarding validation summary control in asp:MultiView control - 1 new
I am using a tabs in my application and with the help of multiview control i
have created different tabs. In each tab form there is a registration form. I
need to add a validation summary control in each of the tabs form. In my first
tab the validation summary control works, where as in the second - Mon, Apr 28
2008 10:45 am
1 message, 1 author
http://groups.google.com/group/microsoft.public.dotnet.framework.aspnet/t/430e29fbce0a5d20?hl=en

Menu Control That Works With Safari - 4 new
Using ASP.NET 3.5 I have been using a standard menu control bound to a
sitemapdatasource using a web.sitemap file. The menus work fine in IE and
Firefox, but in Safari, they render horribly and dynamic menus don't work at
all. I found a post indicating that rendering can be improved by modifying
browserCaps, but not the dynamic functionality. - Mon, Apr 28 2008 11:21 am
4 messages , 3 authors
http://groups.google.com/group/microsoft.public.dotnet.framework.aspnet/t/a2899621d8fe7017?hl=en

What is the best way to upgrade to 1.0.20229 - 5 new
I'm realy having no luck upgrading from 1.0.10201 to 1.0.20229. There is a
little upgrade section on this site, but it's very high-level and doesn't work
for me. We'd also like to know what to do with the current controls? Do we
need to go on each page and change the code to look at the new assembly? - Mon,
 Apr 28 2008 12:41 pm
5 messages , 2 authors
http://groups.google.com/group/microsoft.public.dotnet.framework.aspnet/t/4865c6950ad313fd?hl=en

hai gai - 1 new
---------------
HAI CAN HAS STDIO? PLZ OPEN FILE "LOLCATS.TXT"? AWSUM THX VISIBLE FILE O NOES
INVISIBLE "ERROR!" KTHXBYE - Mon, Apr 28 2008 12:48 pm
1 message, 1 author
http://groups.google.com/group/microsoft.public.dotnet.framework.aspnet/t/f2255dd0de9545ef?hl=en

Gridview and Radiobuttons - 1 new
---------------------------------
I am using radiobuttons in a gridview, and not a column of radiobuttons. I
have one cell in each row with several radiobuttons that the user has to
choose a radiobutton within each row. How can I capture which radiobutton in
which row the user has clicked. Even with AutoPostback=true, the gridview's
rowcommand doesn't fire. The rowcreated event does, but I can't - Mon, Apr 28
2008 12:34 pm
1 message, 1 author
http://groups.google.com/group/microsoft.public.dotnet.framework.aspnet/t/444abe867f995624?hl=en

Presenting MOV-files and images from a DB - 1 new
...In that case, this'll be the method i'll use. Why complicate thing? Thanks!
- Mon, Apr 28 2008 1:52 pm
1 message, 1 author
http://groups.google.com/group/microsoft.public.dotnet.framework.aspnet/t/4b93937a4a82b4df?hl=en

Default Values for DetailsView - 1 new
--------------------------------------
New to ASP.NET so any help you can offer would be great! I have been searching
the web all day to try and figure out how I can add a default value to a field
on a DetailsView control. I did find a few examples on the web and I
understand what the code is trying to do, but I cannot get it to work for me. -
 Mon, Apr 28 2008 2:06 pm
1 message, 1 author
http://groups.google.com/group/microsoft.public.dotnet.framework.aspnet/t/ab82197ead6ac184?hl=en

Master pages for plain HTML pages? - 3 new
I am using VS.NET 2008. In Dreamweaver you can create page templates (
equivalent to Master Pages) and make HTML documents based on them. In VS.NET
can you have a HTML file linked to a Master Page? - Mon, Apr 28 2008 2:21 pm
3 messages , 3 authors
http://groups.google.com/group/microsoft.public.dotnet.framework.aspnet/t/e076630fb201a849?hl=en

online tests - 1 new
--------------------
What are some good resources for learning the details behind recruiter type
tests asp.net, C#, SqlServer. I've worked with .NET for several years but
these tests always challenge me - I have MCAD circa 2002 books. Also regarding
asp.net what are the pros and cons for using masterpage architecture, skins,
validator control, and repeater control, etc.? - Mon, Apr 28 2008 2:37 pm
1 message, 1 author
http://groups.google.com/group/microsoft.public.dotnet.framework.aspnet/t/4d3c4a31413a5779?hl=en

Client and Office from asp.net - 1 new
--------------------------------------
I think if you set the content-disposition to inline and the content-type to
the proper mime type and then stream it down with Response.WriteFile or
BinaryWrite it will open automatically on it's application when you click the
link on a webpage. As for using ActiveX, the process would be the same for any
type of file - Mon, Apr 28 2008 2:44 pm
1 message, 1 author
http://groups.google.com/group/microsoft.public.dotnet.framework.aspnet/t/404253a33f593d9a?hl=en

How to enable AJAX in ASPX page after the fact - 5 new
I created an ASP.NET website using Visual Studio 2008. I want to now use some
of the AJAX tools, but they won't drag/drop on my master page. I think I have
to somehow "enable" AJAX or reference the files properly. Any advice on how I
can enable the ASPX page for AJAX? - Mon, Apr 28 2008 3:10 pm
5 messages , 3 authors
http://groups.google.com/group/microsoft.public.dotnet.framework.aspnet/t/ec1553e8c08a5691?hl=en

session expiry when using sessionState mode="SQLServer" - 2 new
...Juan, Yes, I realise that Session_End doesn't fire in SQL Server state.
What I meant was, I was expecting the Session data to be automatically cleared
by SQL Server after the timeout minutes elapsed. e.g. if I did : Session["abc"]
 = 5 , then after the timeout period elapsed, I'm expecting : Session["abc"]
to be null. - Mon, Apr 28 2008 4:58 pm
2 messages , 1 author
http://groups.google.com/group/microsoft.public.dotnet.framework.aspnet/t/1eb49e876bb7a32c?hl=en

JCalling methods inside a page class - 1 new
I have a method that creates a dataTAble and then returns it. Can I call this
method from directly inside a class? - Mon, Apr 28 2008 5:04 pm
1 message, 1 author
http://groups.google.com/group/microsoft.public.dotnet.framework.aspnet/t/eab062a467783b1f?hl=en

Event - 1 new
-------------
Hello, I created a custom web control and I need this control to have an event
called submitted. Then inside this event I need to check a parameter of type
boolean named Sent. Basically the web control is a form. When it is submitted
I want to fire the event Submitted with send set to true if the email was sent
- Mon, Apr 28 2008 5:46 pm
1 message, 1 author
http://groups.google.com/group/microsoft.public.dotnet.framework.aspnet/t/00aa894b33c9b5f5?hl=en

Slow loading time. Extension 3.5 - 2 new
Application initial load is extremely slow. I am not sure if this is to do
with something running on the machine. It was fine earlier today after I
recompiled. It is definitely flaky... Kind of scares me because we have
invested enough into 3.5 upgrade. Some of the things I am planning is run a 1)
aspnet_compiler.exe before we start browsing the site.. - Mon, Apr 28 2008 6:
05 pm
2 messages , 2 authors
http://groups.google.com/group/microsoft.public.dotnet.framework.aspnet/t/7d091faabb17183a?hl=en

Programmable limits on upload size - 3 new
In my ASP.NET application, I'd like to set limits on the maximum size of an
uploaded file. Normally I'd just set the maxRequestLength of the httpRuntime
element in web.config. But in this case, I have a few different aspx pages and
I want the limit set differently for each. Yes, I could put each in its own
folder, each with - Mon, Apr 28 2008 6:27 pm
3 messages , 3 authors
http://groups.google.com/group/microsoft.public.dotnet.framework.aspnet/t/a78cff870664e1bd?hl=en

server.urlencode work for winforms - 2 new
Why is it when i try to use server.urlencode in a winform app that it can't
seem to locate the function? (I am utilizing the browser control.) Thanks! -
Mon, Apr 28 2008 7:13 pm
2 messages , 2 authors
http://groups.google.com/group/microsoft.public.dotnet.framework.aspnet/t/43e7e36b4989a4aa?hl=en

Is it possible to call server side function from client side code in asp.net? -
 2 new
------
I heard that we could do that by using AJAX. Could anybody share how to do it?
Thanks. - Mon, Apr 28 2008 7:49 pm
2 messages , 2 authors
http://groups.google.com/group/microsoft.public.dotnet.framework.aspnet/t/4aca2991a204243a?hl=en

How to delete multiple rows in a GridView? - 2 new
It seems that a gridview allows us to delete only a single row at a time. How
to extend this functionality to select multiple rows and delete all of the
selected rows in a single stroke? just like what hotmail web UI is doing now (
having the option of selecting multiple rows (using the checkbox provided) and
perform a set of operations on them) - Mon, Apr 28 2008 8:01 pm
2 messages , 2 authors
http://groups.google.com/group/microsoft.public.dotnet.framework.aspnet/t/18f6a382a6ff4842?hl=en

ascx is ambiguous in the namespace ASP - 1 new
Hi Jerry, Is it possible to repro the problem by a simple web project with
page and usercontrol? If so, I would suggest you submit this problem to our
connect site: [link] the dev engineer will try repro it if it is a definite
problem. Sincerely, - Mon, Apr 28 2008 8:43 pm
1 message, 1 author
http://groups.google.com/group/microsoft.public.dotnet.framework.aspnet/t/dd5d4c60682e106c?hl=en

Movado Women's Esperanza Watch #0605286 - Cheapest Watch - 1 new
Movado Women's Esperanza Watch #0605286 - Cheapest Watch Movado Women's
Esperanza Watch #0605286 Link : [link] Cheap Watches Home : [link] Lower Price
Movado Brands : [link] - Mon, Apr 28 2008 11:12 pm
1 message, 1 author
http://groups.google.com/group/microsoft.public.dotnet.framework.aspnet/t/2ccd36a3bd843c6e?hl=en

Casio Chronograph Series EDIFICE (Men's Watch) - Cheapest Watch - 1 new
Casio Chronograph Series EDIFICE (Men's Watch) - Cheapest Watch Casio
Chronograph Series EDIFICE (Men's Watch) Link : [link] Cheap Watches Home : [
link] Lower Price Casio General Brands : [link] - Mon, Apr 28 2008 11:12 pm
1 message, 1 author
http://groups.google.com/group/microsoft.public.dotnet.framework.aspnet/t/01d6742e287779bc?hl=en

Adding global objects to a web application - 3 new
I want to have page level access to a certain object but cant figure out how
to do this. I create a class method that returns the object, but I cant get it
to be global to the page. By global to the page, I mean to let all methods and
event handlers have access to the same instance of the object. I - Mon, Apr 28
2008 11:41 pm
3 messages , 3 authors
http://groups.google.com/group/microsoft.public.dotnet.framework.aspnet/t/07e48d6884dd9d23?hl=en

ASP.NET 3.5 AJAX and default error handler - 1 new
Thanks Trapulo, I've got it and have forwarded the question to other AJAX
engineers to see whether they have any further ideas on this. Sincerely,
Steven Cheng Microsoft MSDN Online Support Lead Delighting our customers is
our #1 priority. We welcome your comments and suggestions about how we can
improve the support we provide to you. Please - Tues, Apr 29 2008 12:48 am
1 message, 1 author
http://groups.google.com/group/microsoft.public.dotnet.framework.aspnet/t/830a409f62231e93?hl=en

client side validation trouble - 1 new
--------------------------------------
Ok. I have a page with a textbox which is used to enter numeric data. If data
is entered, the code goes to the database and gets the relevant data. If it's
left blank, the code assumes that new data is being entered and allocates a
number. The problem is that the client side validation (custom validator with -
 Tues, Apr 29 2008 3:27 am
1 message, 1 author
http://groups.google.com/group/microsoft.public.dotnet.framework.aspnet/t/8aba055a5a706d29?hl=en

Override formview objectdatasource method - 1 new
I have a formview that uses an objectdatasource to insert and update records.
I don't want to use the objectdatasource's "Delete" method so I have defined
this method as "none" in the "configure datasource" wizard. I assumed I could
use my own Delete Method by using the ItemCommand: protected void
FormViewModule_ItemCommand(obj ect sender, - Tues, Apr 29 2008 3:52 am
1 message, 1 author
http://groups.google.com/group/microsoft.public.dotnet.framework.aspnet/t/6c4b028f9574f12d?hl=en

Movado Women's Kara Steel Watch - 0605247 - Cheapest Watch - 1 new
Movado Women's Kara Steel Watch - 0605247 - Cheapest Watch Movado Women's Kara
Steel Watch - 0605247 Link : [link] Cheap Watches Home : [link] Lower Price
Movado Brands : [link] - Tues, Apr 29 2008 4:32 am
1 message, 1 author
http://groups.google.com/group/microsoft.public.dotnet.framework.aspnet/t/91e7d2ba652b80ae?hl=en

Casio Casual Sports Ana Digi 30 Page Databank Watch - Cheapest Watch - 1 new
Casio Casual Sports Ana Digi 30 Page Databank Watch - Cheapest Watch Casio
Casual Sports Ana Digi 30 Page Databank Watch Link : [link] Cheap Watches Home
: [link] Lower Price Casio General Brands : [link] - Tues, Apr 29 2008 4:33 am

1 message, 1 author
http://groups.google.com/group/microsoft.public.dotnet.framework.aspnet/t/cc66e2166b73ed8c?hl=en

Bollywood, Asian, Indie Films And More. - 1 new
Bollywood, Asian, Indie Films And More. [link] - Tues, Apr 29 2008 5:05 am
1 message, 1 author
http://groups.google.com/group/microsoft.public.dotnet.framework.aspnet/t/ce97f2833c5f39cf?hl=en

No comments: