87 new messages in 38 topics - abridged


Active Topics
-------------

How to print .PDF files in the background using C# - 1 new
----------------------------------------------------------
...Create a small thick client application (let's call it the print manager)
that gets installed on the dealers machine's. This can be a simple executable
that need not run as a service or even in the task tray. Once all of the
documents have been generated (as separate documents on the server) and saved
to the appropriate location on the - Wed, Apr 30 2008 11:55 pm
1 message, 1 author
http://groups.google.com/group/microsoft.public.dotnet.framework.aspnet/t/b262fa8154907011?hl=en


EnableEventValidation exception when dynamically adding controls on client
with JavaScript - 2 new
-----------------------
Hi Steven Thank you for reply. It is good to get confirmation on this issue.
Kind Regards Lewis - Thurs, May 1 2008 12:53 am
2 messages , 2 authors
http://groups.google.com/group/microsoft.public.dotnet.framework.aspnet/t/871050ee3b80713f?hl=en


Open Word Document from a Dialog Web Page - 6 new
-------------------------------------------------
Hi Peter, Regarding on the open excel file in dialog page issue, would you
provide some further information such as how to open the dialog page and
whether the dialog page's url is the page that write out excel file or if the
dialog page want to open another page that write out excel file? Based on my
understanding, if the dialog page directy point to the excel - Thurs, May 1
2008 1:33 am
6 messages , 4 authors
http://groups.google.com/group/microsoft.public.dotnet.framework.aspnet/t/051241bb9014b82e?hl=en


Updating TabPanel contents asynchronously - 2 new
-------------------------------------------------
Hi folks, I've been trying to work out how to asynchronously update the
contents of a TabPanel using an UpdatePanel and I can't for the life of me get
it to work. I've seen a couple of examples online that declare an UpdatePanel
inside a TabPanel, but I get an error when I try and do something like the
following: - Thurs, May 1 2008 3:37 am
2 messages , 1 author
http://groups.google.com/group/microsoft.public.dotnet.framework.aspnet/t/1e9d1a16506702fa?hl=en


check the Require SSL option - 1 new
------------------------------------
Insepect "Request.Url.Scheme" - Thurs, May 1 2008 4:24 am
1 message, 1 author
http://groups.google.com/group/microsoft.public.dotnet.framework.aspnet/t/3444cfdc09f99c43?hl=en


Include In Project through NAnt / MSBuild. - 1 new
--------------------------------------------------
Hello all, I've been trying to work out for a little while how to do this.
Effectively, what I have at the moment is a NAnt scrip which I can use to
replicate a directory structure (it is used to produce whitelabels for my
WebApp). The NAnt task is also set up to build the solution also. What I can't
seem to get it to do is to find a way of automatically - Thurs, May 1 2008 4:
35 am
1 message, 1 author
http://groups.google.com/group/microsoft.public.dotnet.framework.aspnet/t/c196a3379d821a82?hl=en


substitute img when EVAL file name is not found - 7 new
-------------------------------------------------------
Here's what I've done so far: The following markup for an asp:image is in an
aspx file in my root folder: <asp:Image runat="server" ID="imgGradLarge"
ImageUrl='<%# imageFileToDisplay("~/Images/C lassmatePics/", val("
GradPhotoFileName")) %>'></asp:Image> This VB.net code is in my App_Code
folder in a file caled MyUtils.vb - Thurs, May 1 2008 5:33 am
7 messages , 4 authors
http://groups.google.com/group/microsoft.public.dotnet.framework.aspnet/t/c9f0b35e69f80190?hl=en


Resizing of the TextArea on border or scrollbar - 2 new
-------------------------------------------------------
Hi, I have created a html page from Java and I have added a .js file which can
resize a TextArea inside the html on mousedown event. <script src="C:\temp\
resize.js"> </script> <table> <tr><td onmousedown="javascript:resize (
'trinput',event)"> <TEXTAREA NAME="input" id="trinput" COLS=40 ROWS=60> my
textarea here - Thurs, May 1 2008 5:40 am
2 messages , 2 authors
http://groups.google.com/group/microsoft.public.dotnet.framework.aspnet/t/53a13c0f37a49070?hl=en


deployment - 3 new
------------------
I added some asp.net pages to an existing asp site in the development
environment. Now I'm ready to deploy. My understanding is that not only are .
aspx and .aspx.c files required, the 'compiled assembly' is required because
code-behind is being used. But I don't see anything in the /bin directory.
What do I need to put these changes on a web site? - Thurs, May 1 2008 5:41 am

3 messages , 3 authors
http://groups.google.com/group/microsoft.public.dotnet.framework.aspnet/t/bde91a2f1677fad7?hl=en


Is Vista Ready for VS2K5? - 2 new
---------------------------------
...I am still on XP, personally, because I like the XP upgrade from Vista. :-)
Actually, with the patch and SP1, things are okay in Vista land. I also feel
the switch to VS 2008 is worth it (if nothing else, for the desingers), but it
is not a financial commitment for me, personally, so I am not weighing - Thurs,
 May 1 2008 6:37 am
2 messages , 2 authors
http://groups.google.com/group/microsoft.public.dotnet.framework.aspnet/t/5f9057c54f5fd4a5?hl=en


parameters in an Stored procedure(SQL server 2005) - 2 new
----------------------------------------------------------
I am working on an application where I need to pass 410 parameters (most of
them being optiona)l to a stored procedure. I just wanna know will an stored
procedure in SQL server 2005 will accept so may parameters and will they be
any issues... - Thurs, May 1 2008 6:48 am
2 messages , 2 authors
http://groups.google.com/group/microsoft.public.dotnet.framework.aspnet/t/6babef8cf94f5fe6?hl=en


Postback nightmares - 5 new
---------------------------
Basically, I have two custom dates the user can enter via a popup calendar.
These dates are stored into text boxes. Then the user can click a button (Run
Report) and those values (as well as others) are used to build an SRS url
string. This used to work before I modified the page to make the calendar a
popup. - Thurs, May 1 2008 7:14 am
5 messages , 4 authors
http://groups.google.com/group/microsoft.public.dotnet.framework.aspnet/t/fee9dbd7cf00f24f?hl=en


merge two PDF files in C# - 3 new
---------------------------------
How do i merge two PDF files in C# Code? - Thurs, May 1 2008 7:23 am
3 messages , 3 authors
http://groups.google.com/group/microsoft.public.dotnet.framework.aspnet/t/7d1bd94f6d5da8aa?hl=en


Visual Studio 2008 terribly slow in Design view - 2 new
-------------------------------------------------------
...I have this trouble too: Three things seem to make it worse: 1) ANY Data
sets seem to load repeatedly ven if they are not required on that page 2) ANY
xml files on the site are loaded EVERY time I switch to Design view 3) I use a
simple master page I made in MS Expression web with 5 buttons made with the
Expression wizard and that takes ages to load - Thurs, May 1 2008 7:36 am
2 messages , 2 authors
http://groups.google.com/group/microsoft.public.dotnet.framework.aspnet/t/16dda5a2a956057f?hl=en


Session times out in less time than I set - 2 new
-------------------------------------------------
...OK, it seems that the session timeout setting in my web.config works fine
on my development machine. But on my client's production server, session
always timeout in 20 minutes. I gave it a few tests, at 19 minutes, it is
alive, but at 21 minutes, it is dead. However, I am using the same web.config.
Any idea what might be giving me this - Thurs, May 1 2008 8:07 am
2 messages , 2 authors
http://groups.google.com/group/microsoft.public.dotnet.framework.aspnet/t/9058083d77b0a1dd?hl=en


Sql server 2000 paging - 3 new
------------------------------
Hi all I need to implmenet paging across different tables. The tables all have
a different name eg Data01, data02 data03 etc, however they are columns which
are common to each table, but each table also has some unique columns My
questions is that I want to display data from any one of these tables - I wont
know which one until runtime, but since they contains - Thurs, May 1 2008 8:16
am
3 messages , 3 authors
http://groups.google.com/group/microsoft.public.dotnet.framework.aspnet/t/23f427da815f652a?hl=en


How do you create Listings().ListingItems() - 2 new
---------------------------------------------------
OK i know this is a 101 question but... I need a nested array of Listings().
ListingItems() so i can read a text file and split each line and insert the
results into this array. The read and split are easy (and so should be setting
up this array), but i am banging my head on how to get my class defined as an
array. - Thurs, May 1 2008 8:33 am
2 messages , 1 author
http://groups.google.com/group/microsoft.public.dotnet.framework.aspnet/t/29d0757a721de1df?hl=en


Professional design advice needed - 2 new
-----------------------------------------
To allow the broadest coverage I'd use the REST interface (Web 2.0). Its
getting much more popular then web services (for open interfaces), as they are
easier to consume. Its basically a url/xml pattern (your first choice). the
url mapping module in the .net extensions (still beta) is designed to - Thurs,
May 1 2008 9:19 am
2 messages , 2 authors
http://groups.google.com/group/microsoft.public.dotnet.framework.aspnet/t/e655943deb1b24e7?hl=en


asp.net default MembershipProvider and accessing it through code - 3 new
------------------------------------------------------------------------
In Visual Studio 2008, I plan on creating the default membership provider and
rolls in a custom database (through the web admin tool). I need to know how I
would access user/login info and general things like that through code. More
exactly, I have an sql query that will require the userID of the - Thurs, May
1 2008 9:50 am
3 messages , 2 authors
http://groups.google.com/group/microsoft.public.dotnet.framework.aspnet/t/85c6d71b080603ee?hl=en


GridView and TemplateField Help - 5 new
---------------------------------------
Greetings, I have a GridView control. For a couple of reasons, I ended up with
a TemplateField to contain my Edit and Delete links, something like this: <asp:
TemplateField ShowHeader="False"> <EditItemTemplate> <asp:LinkButton ID="
LinkButton1" runat="server" CausesValidation="True" CommandName="Update" Text=
"Update"></asp:LinkButton > - Thurs, May 1 2008 10:22 am
5 messages , 2 authors
http://groups.google.com/group/microsoft.public.dotnet.framework.aspnet/t/6f47edc55a824835?hl=en


Update Query for Grid - 2 new
-----------------------------
Hello all, I am new to ASP.NET, but have been working with JavaScript, and
Classic ASP. I am just playing around with ASP.NET and I have a table that I
would like to edit the data but it is not working. I am not getting an error
or anything. When I click update the page reloads but the data does not -
Thurs, May 1 2008 10:34 am
2 messages , 2 authors
http://groups.google.com/group/microsoft.public.dotnet.framework.aspnet/t/f2993f683d64c06e?hl=en


Open Word document through Iframe - 7 new
-----------------------------------------
I have the following code which is executed from a modal web page - it works
fine on most, but on some computers the Word loads into memory but never
displays. This occurs with IE6 and IE7, but always works on FireFox. When I
close the modal web page Word disappears from Memory. I don't know where the
problem is, my code, IE setup or intranet security, I - Thurs, May 1 2008 10:
56 am
7 messages , 4 authors
http://groups.google.com/group/microsoft.public.dotnet.framework.aspnet/t/1e06bf8a803e41da?hl=en


Help: problems with ASP.NET menu on Web Part - 3 new
----------------------------------------------------
Hi there, I am having a weird problem in trying to use a ASP.NET menu inside a
custom web part. I am developing a custom web part that has a menu inside (
just the menu, nothing else). The menu is a System.Web.UI.WebControls.Menu (
ASP.NET 2.0) object. If I add the menu to a simple ASPX web form, it works
nice. However, I am adding it to - Thurs, May 1 2008 11:38 am
3 messages , 3 authors
http://groups.google.com/group/microsoft.public.dotnet.framework.aspnet/t/879c8b0a8a98c576?hl=en


gridview appears only after forced postback - why? - 2 new
----------------------------------------------------------
I have a sqldatasource control that uses 3 parameters. I have a gridview that
depends on the sqldatasource control The 3 parameters are session variables.
So in my code, I set the values of those 3 session variables, and then do a
'gridview.databind' and hope that something happens. But nothing happens - the
gridview does not appear. - Thurs, May 1 2008 12:06 pm
2 messages , 2 authors
http://groups.google.com/group/microsoft.public.dotnet.framework.aspnet/t/fa93842849c70b00?hl=en


Strange Linq Problem - 1 new
----------------------------
I have an existing set of tables which I have put into a Linq to SQL class.
Those tables I have had no problems with. I have created some new tables and
when I add them to the a new Linq to SQL I found that I could query, but when
I use the InsertAllOnSubmit command to insert into the database the IDE (or
the program) fails. - Thurs, May 1 2008 12:17 pm
1 message, 1 author
http://groups.google.com/group/microsoft.public.dotnet.framework.aspnet/t/1bc6919fa40d06bb?hl=en


Proxy - 1 new
-------------
[link] - Thurs, May 1 2008 1:40 pm
1 message, 1 author
http://groups.google.com/group/microsoft.public.dotnet.framework.aspnet/t/5bdaf838bcbfd13d?hl=en


using a form in an UpdatePanel - 1 new
--------------------------------------
Hi, is it possible to use a html style form inside an UpdatePanel ? Like that;
<%-- Page: Default.aspx --%> <body> <form id="form1" runat="server"> <asp:
ScriptManager ID="ScriptManager1" runat="server"> </asp:ScriptManager> <asp:
UpdatePanel ID="UpdatePanel1" runat="server"> <ContentTemplate> <form id="try1
" method="post" action="Default.aspx"> - Thurs, May 1 2008 2:11 pm
1 message, 1 author
http://groups.google.com/group/microsoft.public.dotnet.framework.aspnet/t/fd79ac6e56e74d62?hl=en


401 While Accessing Web Service - 1 new
---------------------------------------
On Apr 29, 5:58 pm, bruce barker ...for option 1 it sounds like i'll need to
know the user/pwd which i won't... option 2 sounds interesting... is this a
complicated thing to setup? i've been trying to search on the issue and
haven't found a good description on how to set it up yet... if anyone has any
further info - Thurs, May 1 2008 2:32 pm
1 message, 1 author
http://groups.google.com/group/microsoft.public.dotnet.framework.aspnet/t/8b51ea0e65f76f74?hl=en


Simpler Way to Input Text - 2 new
---------------------------------
Greetings, I have a site where the users manages a number of items. I've added
commands to create a new item, rename an existing item, copy an existing item,
and delete an existing item. For each command, I need the user to either enter
an item name or confirm deletion. I'm looking at creating four additional
pages that simply have a - Thurs, May 1 2008 4:20 pm
2 messages , 2 authors
http://groups.google.com/group/microsoft.public.dotnet.framework.aspnet/t/1516a04e10daf745?hl=en


Creating a 'proxy' redirector Options - 1 new
---------------------------------------------
Hi, We have web application X where I work that allows us to access documents
via a url, for eg, [link] etc... What we would like is for our asp.net app Y
to make this request (for the purpose of hiding the above URL) but let web
application X - Thurs, May 1 2008 5:39 pm
1 message, 1 author
http://groups.google.com/group/microsoft.public.dotnet.framework.aspnet/t/d7089b585f62b170?hl=en


Datalist is overlapping other controls - 1 new
----------------------------------------------
Hello Everyone, I am having this problem. I have this datalist and whenever I
expand the datalist by the plus button, it overlaps other controls on my web
page and sometimes these controls come over the dataList. Bleow is the code <
table width="100%"> <tr> <td> - Thurs, May 1 2008 5:46 pm
1 message, 1 author
http://groups.google.com/group/microsoft.public.dotnet.framework.aspnet/t/615258f3d993cbd2?hl=en


Dynamic checkboxes and selection - 1 new
----------------------------------------
You need to iterate through the collection of items and set the Checked
property to true for the ones that you want checked. You can also use a
Repeater or a DataView with a checkbox column and bind the checkbox's Checked
property to a field on your datasource. - Thurs, May 1 2008 5:50 pm
1 message, 1 author
http://groups.google.com/group/microsoft.public.dotnet.framework.aspnet/t/f3d7279a72e78433?hl=en


Subdirectories in an application - 2 new
----------------------------------------
Why not compile the stuff that you got on the App_Code folder as a DLL?, That
way you can put it on the bin folder and use it through the whole app (and
even other apps). ...Hello, I need to put some files in a subfolder because I
don't want all the files in the subfolder to be under form authentication. -
Thurs, May 1 2008 6:00 pm
2 messages , 2 authors
http://groups.google.com/group/microsoft.public.dotnet.framework.aspnet/t/24a67c9d2de9b066?hl=en


Subscribing to custom events from dynamically created UserControls - 2 new
--------------------------------------------------------------------------
What is the best approach to subscribe to events from a UserControl that has
been dynamically created at runtime, and where we don't know the UserControl
type. I don't know the UserControl type because the program loads a different
usercontrol based on a users selection. Lets say I am raising an Event called
SomethingUpdated from my - Thurs, May 1 2008 7:17 pm
2 messages , 1 author
http://groups.google.com/group/microsoft.public.dotnet.framework.aspnet/t/2b7f71693356cc77?hl=en


Master Page style - 1 new
-------------------------
Put a ContentPlaceHolder into the head element of the MasterPage or put <head
id="headElement" runat="server> and reference it directly. There are specific
classes for writing into the head. Read this for some more tips [link] - Wed,
Apr 30 2008 5:53 pm
1 message, 1 author
http://groups.google.com/group/microsoft.public.dotnet.framework.aspnet/t/dd5e013b18e29a83?hl=en


MSDTC Error after applying W2K3 SP2 - 1 new
-------------------------------------------
Hi Paul, I've managed to get contact with Florin and it seems so far from the
symptom you described, it does seems like the same one he encoutered before.
Currently the best approach to troubleshooting may require collection further
information from the problem machine and his suggestion is forward the issue
to product support team via a profesional support - Thurs, May 1 2008 9:34 pm
1 message, 1 author
http://groups.google.com/group/microsoft.public.dotnet.framework.aspnet/t/83fd000f8c1aa181?hl=en


Cache.EffectivePrivateBytesLimit shrinks as box gets bigger? - 1 new
--------------------------------------------------------------------
Thanks for your reply Mark, Yes, as you didn't explicitly set those memory
limit value, then the runtime will help caclulated one for you. So far I
haven't any information about how to number is calculated, per the document it
will rely on hardware condition also. BTW, on the server machine that has more
physical - Thurs, May 1 2008 11:49 pm
1 message, 1 author
http://groups.google.com/group/microsoft.public.dotnet.framework.aspnet/t/7e1494c1fd942939?hl=en


Remotely accessing SQL server DB - 1 new
----------------------------------------
I'm in the process of finalizing my site. I spent quite a bit of time
designing content pages and would like to cut on development time by simply
managing the DB (SQL server, evt. MySQL) via MS Access. This works well in my
local environment. Can this be extended to a host provider environment as well?
 Aside from interaction delays, what are - Thurs, May 1 2008 11:54 pm
1 message, 1 author
http://groups.google.com/group/microsoft.public.dotnet.framework.aspnet/t/a357ad5affab5483?hl=en



No comments: